Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding and have some questions/need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding and have some questions/need advice

Ok, I am changing this rather than creating a new thread.  I'm just going to say I should have a decent amount of money in the near future.  I'm looking to buy a vehicle (around 10k to 15k) and potentially buy a manufactured home and put on a foundation on a lot.  This will include a move.  My primary income is SSDI so that will not change but I also typically make and report an extra $1,000 per month and that will decrease until I settle in.  I was planning to pay cash for the vehicle, but after researching realized that may not be the best way to reach my goals.  I will hopefully have between $15k/$20k to work with on the new place and I'm estimating a total outlay of $70k-$80k.

Now, I have some questions.  My credit scors are in my signature and as mentioned I have 2 Capital one cards, one secured, one not with a total of $500 in credit.  Depending on where the QS One statement falls (haven't received one yet) they should both be reporting $0 balance on the next statement hopefully.  Right now I'm at 86% on the Platinum, but I'm paying it off right prior to the next statement.

My credit report has had some issues, which I'm working on and that is why I'm laying all this out.  

First, I want to go over what transpired this month.  I had an old debt with Progressive from a couple years ago that had been transferred to Cane and Weiner.  It was removed from Equifax through no action of my own the first of the month.  Then this morning I disputed it on Experian, on accident, and it was removed same day.  Will this come back?  If so I would rather handle it next month if it isn't back yet to avoid it.

Second, Stafford loans in my research are just like any other debt.  So when should they drop or do they?  Can they be disputed to be removed?  It's not a question of whether I need to pay them and I would like to make arrangements on them I just haven't been able to.  They started in 2010 so some report 2010 others report 2013.  I realize that regardless anything from 2013 (although I stopped going to school in spring 2012) would not drop, but thought I would ask about the older ones.

Next is worth disputing if say you have company "a" that you owed money to, they turned it over to Collection Agency B, then you paid company "a", and the collection agency rather than remove reports it as $0 balance or paid?

And finally I have a bankruptcy that was filed August 6, 2010 and discharged November 15, 2010.  When can or will this drop?

Any and all advice is welcome please. Smiley Happy

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loans and what I want next

I will add that since July of last year my Experian score has gone from 500 to 560.  I had the Platinum Secured from then, I just added the QS One. 

I was in no hurry I expected this to take me 2 to 3 years.  But things change.  I know that both my Equifax and Transunion have improved since then since I believe Transunion was at 498 and Equifax was sub-500 last year.

Transunion will be back up over 550 after a dispute finishes.

Message 2 of 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rebuilding and have some questions/need advice

@Anonymouswrote:

Ok, I am changing this rather than creating a new thread.  I'm just going to say I should have a decent amount of money in the near future.  I'm looking to buy a vehicle (around 10k to 15k) and potentially buy a manufactured home and put on a foundation on a lot.  This will include a move.  My primary income is SSDI so that will not change but I also typically make and report an extra $1,000 per month and that will decrease until I settle in.  I was planning to pay cash for the vehicle, but after researching realized that may not be the best way to reach my goals.  I will hopefully have between $15k/$20k to work with on the new place and I'm estimating a total outlay of $70k-$80k.

Now, I have some questions.  My credit scors are in my signature and as mentioned I have 2 Capital one cards, one secured, one not with a total of $500 in credit.  Depending on where the QS One statement falls (haven't received one yet) they should both be reporting $0 balance on the next statement hopefully.  Right now I'm at 86% on the Platinum, but I'm paying it off right prior to the next statement.

My credit report has had some issues, which I'm working on and that is why I'm laying all this out.  

First, I want to go over what transpired this month.  I had an old debt with Progressive from a couple years ago that had been transferred to Cane and Weiner.  It was removed from Equifax through no action of my own the first of the month.  Then this morning I disputed it on Experian, on accident, and it was removed same day.  Will this come back? Maybe.  If so I would rather handle it next month if it isn't back yet to avoid it. It might be in transition to another CA, or Cane & Weiner might be sitting on it for a bit. The best time to deal with a collection is when it's NOT on your report. It's easier to PIF or PFD, so it stays off your reports. 

Second, Stafford loans in my research are just like any other debt. No, they're not, sorry. So when should they drop or do they?  Can they be disputed to be removed?  If this is a FEDERAL stafford loan, and it's not paid, the lates won't disappear. Nor does the loan. Federal student loans are subject to different rules. If you are very, very far behind, your best bet is to get into a rehabilitation program that will not only bring them current, once their current for a set amount of times, any lates on the loan are erased. Go to the student loan section of the forum for further advice & guidance. It not a question of whether I need to pay them and I would like to make arrangements on them I just haven't been able to.  They started in 2010 so some report 2010 others report 2013.  I realize that regardless anything from 2013 (although I stopped going to school in spring 2012) would not drop, but thought I would ask about the older ones. They will not drop while the loan is unpaid. 

Next is worth disputing if say you have company "a" that you owed money to, they turned it over to Collection Agency B, then you paid company "a", and the collection agency rather than remove reports it as $0 balance or paid? You'd have to get the OC to recall the collection entirely from the collection agency. Your next bet is a goodwill letter campaign, if that doesn't work. 

And finally I have a bankruptcy that was filed August 6, 2010 and discharged November 15, 2010.  When can or will this drop? What kind of bankruptcy? Ch7 or Ch13 - they have different drop dates. 

Any and all advice is welcome please. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.