Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding and reading your posts...

tag
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding and reading your posts...

Ive been on this site since 2007. Ive had ups and downs with my credit...

1. I read 90 percent of the rebuilding posts, even if they are not relevent to me. The post might matter in the near future so i read them for that reason.

2. I enjoy the fact that people can come to a place and can open up, however painful it may be without fealing judged.

Full discloser: My ficos Eq 552, TU 580, EX 550

I have 6 CC and 2 Authorized CC

4 collections and 2 Public debts (1 for stolen motorcycle balance owed 3500) (1 state tax 13000, due to tax preparer messing up my taxes)

they would be higher, like in the low 600's by know with these cards, but i have 60% utilization. Note: i payed 950 of the 1100 used on my cards today.

I am hoping to clear 600 w/TU and 590's with the other two. 

I just started using Collection Shield 360 this month as I saw a few good reviews on this site. One of the 4 collections is gone after a week of using them. 

The rest are still in dispute.

3. I have done most of the foolish things with credit that most of you have and more, ie overcharging, applying for credit when im sopposed to be rebuilding,

getting more than the 3 rebuilding cards because i want more thinking it will speed things up, reading posts on here where someone was approved for credit 

with my same scores and appying only to be denied. I can go on and on, but you get the picture.

4. For myself and only for myself, it is better that i stay off the forum that talks about "credit card approvals" during my so called gardening. I repeat "so called Gardening"

Im in my forty's and i fall victim to the sucesses i see in approval forums and havent learned to resist. So, if you have this same impulse your not alone.

5. The fact that you use this site demonstrates a willingness to reform. I am on this site at work, at home, at my girlfriends house( she hates that i am on here

all the time by the way). Your not alone in this journey. keep posting and questioning, it helps those who may have the answers as well as those who dont.

6. Intro to credit should be a requirement in high school since it something you cant avoid in life.

My Two Cents

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding and reading your posts...

Best wishes in a healthy rebuild!     With your attitude you will go far.

I can relate to the urge to apply while rebuilding.   Currently I am fighting an urge to app with Chase, but I know another new account would not be in my best interest even if approved. 

And I VERY MUCH agree, it would be great if there were education in high school regarding credit management and how it can affect one's financial future.   Maybe a "personal finance" class, that would include credit management, the importance of saving for retirement and an emergency fund, a section on college finance ( the importance of choosing a career that will pay well and choosing ways to pay for college without becoming overburdened in student loans).         

This forum has been a huge help to me.     Not all of the advice is stellar, but if you read enough you will have the skills to rebuild specific to your own situation.

Message 2 of 5
luckelle
Regular Contributor

I could not agree more @lolacat. I have learned it is a jog and not a spint towards good credit. i wish that anyone who reads this topic can relate or take a page from my history of mistakes and adjust there behavior for the better. What you learn now can save you 7-10 years of pain and PFD. hahahaha

Message 3 of 5
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Learn to love this place. It's free, its knowledge and always relevant! Enjoy the ride!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luckelle wrote:

Ive been on this site since 2007. Ive had ups and downs with my credit...

1. I read 90 percent of the rebuilding posts, even if they are not relevent to me. The post might matter in the near future so i read them for that reason.

2. I enjoy the fact that people can come to a place and can open up, however painful it may be without fealing judged.

Full discloser: My ficos Eq 552, TU 580, EX 550

I have 6 CC and 2 Authorized CC

4 collections and 2 Public debts (1 for stolen motorcycle balance owed 3500) (1 state tax 13000, due to tax preparer messing up my taxes)

they would be higher, like in the low 600's by know with these cards, but i have 60% utilization. Note: i payed 950 of the 1100 used on my cards today.

I am hoping to clear 600 w/TU and 590's with the other two. 

I just started using Collection Shield 360 this month as I saw a few good reviews on this site. One of the 4 collections is gone after a week of using them. 

The rest are still in dispute.

3. I have done most of the foolish things with credit that most of you have and more, ie overcharging, applying for credit when im sopposed to be rebuilding,

getting more than the 3 rebuilding cards because i want more thinking it will speed things up, reading posts on here where someone was approved for credit 

with my same scores and appying only to be denied. I can go on and on, but you get the picture.

4. For myself and only for myself, it is better that i stay off the forum that talks about "credit card approvals" during my so called gardening. I repeat "so called Gardening"

Im in my forty's and i fall victim to the sucesses i see in approval forums and havent learned to resist. So, if you have this same impulse your not alone.

5. The fact that you use this site demonstrates a willingness to reform. I am on this site at work, at home, at my girlfriends house( she hates that i am on here

all the time by the way). Your not alone in this journey. keep posting and questioning, it helps those who may have the answers as well as those who dont.

6. Intro to credit should be a requirement in high school since it something you cant avoid in life.

My Two Cents

A "Basic Finance" class should include such topics as maintaining good credit as well as the "three legs" of the financial stability stool.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.