Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding but REALLY want DISCOVER IT

tag
JamesKnox
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding but REALLY want DISCOVER IT

Hey!

So, I don't know why...but I have become hell bent on this DISCOVER IT card. I must have it.

As a person rebuilding. What should I be trying to get my score to AT LEAST...prior to applying?

I know Discover is promoting the heck out of the card right now so they may not be AS strict but I am sure right now if I applied...the response may be "LOL" hahaha!

Anywho...how is Discover overall? Are they a bit easier to obtain? I know they are easier than AMEX but are they on par with the various Visa/Master's out there? or easier?

Starting Score: (FICO)(August 29, 2013) 502(EQ) 568(EX) 549(TU)
Current Score: (FICO) (January 28, 2017) 712(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)
Goal Score: 720(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)

Amex Business Platinum NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred $15,000 | Chase Freedom $9000 | Amex ED $1,000 | BofACash Rewards $3100 | Amazon Store Card $4000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding but REALLY want DISCOVER IT

My son got approved for Disoover It yesterday with a $3000 CL.  When he tried to buy a car this past February I had to co sign as he had NO credit.  He's been paying that on time and two weeks ago I told him to apply for a Cap 1 card, he got approved for $300.  A week later they gave him another Cap 1 card for $500.  I don't think he's even made a payment on them yet.  

He didn't have BAD credit, but he had NO credit until 8 months ago.   8 mos of car payments got him $3000 Discover Card.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.