Did you mean: 

Rebuilding but overwhelmed? Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding but overwhelmed? Help!

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this will sound dumb, but I have no idea how to do balance transfer.....does it need to be the same company card? I'm not even certain I'd qualify....but I love all the suggestions! Smiley Wink

0% offers on balance transfers usually come with a few checks to write to other creditors for balance transfer!

Thanks sarge12!  I learned something here all the time. 

Abrframe76, you may also want to check out the Credit Card board. They may have some tips/warnings on credit card transfers, etc.

Good luck!

Message 21 of 24
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Balance transfers can also be used for that finance company. It is not only for credit card debt. There is usually a 3% fee on the top though, so 1000 dollar transfer would cost 30 dollars at time of transfer.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are seriously the best!! I signed up for the fico plan thing and there's a few things I have to dispute, but overall it gives me a good place to start! I look forward to the progress I'm going to make, thank you all so much for the help!! Stay tuned and watch this mama reach the top! Ok eventually lol
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ack!!!! My account apparently got screwed up somewhere and it gave me another one, needless to say I had to create this new username so the one with the little "a" at the end is me! 

It didn't recognize my social so I had to get customer service on the phone, but I'm here just now as Abframe76a

sigh.....I swear I will get this all together one day hahaha 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.