cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding continues with a 0.9% car loan!

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Rebuilding continues with a 0.9% car loan!

Got 0.9% from Nissan!  Put a big chunk down, hammered them on price since it was the last day of the month. Started out at 6.95% from Cap One, ended up with 0.9% in a matter of a couple hours. The pulled Equifax (my lowest) and Experian (my highest) and used Experian. They said it's different depending on which state you're in. I told them I've been working on my credit for awhile now and have a pretty honest understanding of where I stand. I asked them "How did you get it to 0.9%?" and the finance guy said in a dry voice, "We had to make a call."

The sales guy came in and told me the wrong %, he said 2.9%. I still would have been happy but, I love that 0 as the first digit! I did have to give up one of the rebates ($500) to get to the 0.9% but I was OK doing that. 

Funny thing is, I have an awesome new SUV, and I am happier right now about qualifying for the low rate.

MyFICO FTW!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding continues with a 0.9% car loan!

Good for you!!!  Congrats!

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 2 of 15
crrredit
Established Contributor

Thanks!

Message 3 of 15
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congrats on the rebuild, new SUV and awesome APR!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 4 of 15
Muff
Regular Contributor

Amazing 🙌

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome interest rate!!!
Message 6 of 15
crrredit
Established Contributor

Already took a hit this morning on my Experian score. Reason: your installmant loan balance is too high. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says in your siggy that your score is 649.  Do you have any idea what your auto score was to get this great rate on a new car?

Congratulations on the great rate!!!!

Message 8 of 15
crrredit
Established Contributor

649 is my middle score. They used my Experian, which is my highest score currently. They said the Auto-enhanced FICO was 672 and that they got me moved up a tier to get the 0.9%. Not sure what they did or said, but I know it cost me $500 in rebates. The financing is through Nissan Acceptance.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.