Rebuilding credit HELP!

tag
Lovelygal31
New Contributor

Rebuilding credit HELP!

TU 550

EQ 693

EX 607

Those are my scores. I'm trying to re-build my credit. I have a judgement & a few collections. I have a First Premier Credit Card 250 CL, a Public Savings Credit Card 500 CL, a Kay Jeweler's Credit Card 500 CL, a car loan & a student loan and they are all in good standing. . 

Is that enough accounts to get me going??

Please help?? Thanks!!

I just applied for the Kay card and got the approval. Will this help my credit score?

Current Score: TU 633
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720 EX 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit HELP!

Where did you get these scores? 

You're going to need some basic info before you start:

- what is your state's SOL (statute of limitations)

- what is the date of first delinquency (DOFD) of each item

- is your judgment paid? 

And yes, that's enough to get you going, I think.  You have both installment and revolving accounts.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit HELP!

@ Lovelygal31 wrote:

TU 550

EQ 693

EX 607

Those are my scores. I'm trying to re-build my credit. I have a judgement & a few collections. I have a First Premier Credit Card 250 CL, a Public Savings Credit Card 500 CL, a Kay Jeweler's Credit Card 500 CL, a car loan & a student loan and they are all in good standing. . 

Is that enough accounts to get me going??

Please help?? Thanks!!

I just applied for the Kay card and got the approval. Will this help my credit score?

Where did you get your scores?  EX quit selling their FICO score to the consumer a while back.  The only place to get it would be through a creditor.

For the judgment, when was it filed and is it paid or unpaid?  Judgments are removed 7 years from the date filed.  Though FICO looks at paid and unpaid the same (negatively), it would look better on a manual review.

Collections are the same as far as scoring.  Paying them will not help your score.  Need the DoFD and your states SOL. 

You have enough revolving credit to work with.  For optimum scoring, use half of the CCs you have and keep a balance of 10% of less on each one.  Pay in full before the statement posts.  You want a 0 balance reporting.  For the CCs you don't use, keep them at a 0 balance. 

I would work on repairing your credit before you try to rebuild.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.