Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit...PFD can be denied?

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

Rebuilding credit...PFD can be denied?

Hello, I'm trying to build my credit right now. The only issue I can for see is the whole pay for delete. If my debt is less than a year old, does the company have the right to deny deleting the account if I pay in full. I have the letter to pay the account, but I don't want to take a hit to my score. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding credit...PFD can be denied?

Yes they can deny the PFD.  They have the right to post a negative to your CR for the unpaid debt.  A PFD is a type of goodwill, it's a favor to you.  This is a pretty current baddie, so it has a high impact.

Best case scenario for you would be to ask for a PFD, if they won't do it, then I'd pay and start the GW process.  You're not going to take a hit to score, because if it's already listed, it's doing its damage.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
kingkai1990
Contributor

Ok, thanks. It's only like $119.  So I know I can pay it, it's just that I didn't want to screw myself over. Thanks a lot. I'll try sending a letter to them to get this process started. 

Message 3 of 4
IamB2
Established Contributor

@kingkai1990 wrote:

Ok, thanks. It's only like $119.  So I know I can pay it, it's just that I didn't want to screw myself over. Thanks a lot. I'll try sending a letter to them to get this process started. 

Welcome to the forum,

As mentioned on the previous reply, the company has the right to deny the PFD request. But at this point, the damage has already been done. By sending the PFD request, you really have nothing to lose. The item has already been reported, the balance is still owed, and by trying to get it removed in exchange for a full payment, you are trying something that could potentially be beneficial to you.

Best of luck.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.