cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit....What's the next step?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit....What's the next step?

Hi Everyone. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. As of right now my FICO score is 612. A little than the 590 something I had last year lol I currently have Capital One Platinum CC and Credit One CC. On top of that I have also open student loans all of which I have been paying on time. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do as of this point to increase my credit score? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit....What's the next step?

Do you have anything bad reporting? Late payments? Charge offs? Collections?
You can get another card possibly secured try discover offers one that has an option to unsecure after 7 months
Use the AZEO method with these cards.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read ABCDs 11 Rules to Credit Rebuilding.  This guy is a credit guru!  You'll learn a lot from reading that 1 post.

You should have 3 cards, ideally only showing a balance on 1, at less than 8.99% util.  There are other great pointers in his article.

Keep it up, you're in the right place, and on the right track!

Peace!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for response! The only thing bad in my reporting are two collection accounts. One of which is from Portfolio Recovery (an old Capital One bank card that went to collections when I was in college-worth $559 open 4 years ago) and another one is from The CBE Group Inc ( Time Warner Bill also happened in college-worth $216). Sent a PFD letter for Portfolio but they didnt really budge. The other one in collection is recent and I didn't had an idea of it until now (last bill after I left apparently when I was living off campus in college). Any idea on how to go about them or should I just focus on the AZEO to get where I wanna be? 

Message 4 of 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi thanks for response! The only thing bad in my reporting are two collection accounts. One of which is from Portfolio Recovery (an old Capital One bank card that went to collections when I was in college-worth $559 open 4 years ago) and another one is from The CBE Group Inc ( Time Warner Bill also happened in college-worth $216). Sent a PFD letter for Portfolio but they didnt really budge. The other one in collection is recent and I didn't had an idea of it until now (last bill after I left apparently when I was living off campus in college). Any idea on how to go about them or should I just focus on the AZEO to get where I wanna be? 

Contact time warner directly and see if you can pay the bill in full directly to them, and then ask them to recall the collection. Portfolio is a tough nut to crack, seems to take a lot of time, letters and calls. And even then, deletes are rare. At the very least, having a zero balance on the account will help your scores. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.