cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit and off to a great start. but still need some insight.

tag
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Rebuilding credit and off to a great start. but still need some insight.

Hello Everyone,
First I would like to thank everyone as I have been in the shadows reading all over the site getting all the info I could. and I learned a lot and raised my scores by 60 points in 4 months. I'm sitting at 665 experian , 666 Equifax, and 667 on the tru . started at high 500s to low 600s.
so here is how it all started. I was young and messed my credit up fast. stuff started falling off and I didn't even know it till one day I decided I am wasting money renting. I want to buy a house.
so I found this place and started working hard in disputes and establishing trade lines with a not so great score. I started with a 1k sec card from capt 1. then they gave me a unsecured one with 500cl . after first statement my numbers jumped a good bit . I still have 2 charge off for car loans. both satisfied and 2 judgments both satisfied one in 09 other one is older.
after I saw the score jump I went on a app spree to get more trade lines. after many trys and 7 day waits I end with 10 trade lines total. all low limits. I am in what you all call gardening mode and my question in what is the best way to get cli fast. I have
Wal mart 250
Jcp. 150
Amazon. 600
Kays. 500
vict. secret 350
finger hut. 700

the other cards are capt one and I know how they are about cli from what I read on here.

So my main question is how should I use card to get big cli. do I charge and pay off a lot. like charge something ounce a week and pay off on Friday and only let my bill be 50 dollars ounce they send invoice or how should I do this. all help is great and I thank you all. first post so hope I didn't do this wrong .

thanks

I'm mobile.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit and off to a great start. but still need some insight.

Keep in mind, Fico has no memory of what you or how you are using your credit. When it's time the creditor reports to the CRA each month keep a small bal on one and other at 0$. 1-9% Util each month, rotate the cards. 

Message 2 of 4
Darrell82
Established Contributor

thank you for your answer. right now I'm not looking to much into the score as I am into getting a good relationship with the cards I have now to get good CLIs by uses the cards to have higher credit limits to raise score with better debt to credit ratio. I know I will see a rollercoaster in scores but in the end I'm hoping for large increases .

Message 3 of 4
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Each ccc has their criteria for CLIs. I'm a simple kind of guy, so my advice would be to call their credit analysts and simply ask them what they want to see for CLI approvals. Time frames, spending/payment habits, etc.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.