Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit for the past 3 years

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit for the past 3 years

Hello everyone. 

So I have been active in rebuilding my credit. I have had zero late payments in over 3 years. all my accounts are up to date and below 15% debt to income. I have been struggling with two delequent accounts. One is a charge off from capital one in the amount of $249.00 I have the money to pay it but I want this removed from my credit report. I understand that it was my fault and back in 2011 when the account was opened I had some serious income issues. I have read through the forums and it looks like GW letters to Capital One is not really going to help me. I currently have 3 accounts with them open each with a limit of over 5k. Is there a possibility that they would remove this if I called and paid it? I dont want to pay the amount just to have it still sitting in collections...

My second issue is I have a collections account coming from Pinnacle Credit Services for a celluar/cable account. I do not own this account and I have tried over 14 times to contact them to have this removed or at the least show me proof of this account being opened by me. They are not willing to give me any details and tell me that I need to pay them the $649 due to them. When speaking with them I told them even though I do not own the debt that if I made good on it would they remove it? I was told flat out NO. They will not remove this from my credit. I dont understand how something that does not belong to me can stay on my report since 2014 (Originally opened in 2012 according to them) and after disputing it over 3 times it will not come off. I came here to vent but at the same time am so frustrated. My Fico score is reading a 684 but there two collection accounts are hendering my credit line increases tremendously. Every time i go to apply for a line icrease I am denied because of these. Any help to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

-Emack

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit for the past 3 years

Pay cap 1 so it at least stops updating, the other one, write the BBB and CFPB with all of your documentation of your attempts.

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit for the past 3 years

As CapricornChanges stated, if you pay it, it will stop updating each month. That keeps your score down each month. Also, although you are having trouble getting it off your report, a paid charge-off always looks better than an unpaid one.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.