Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit questions

OP it sounds like you're in the right track. My only additional advice would be to find out your cap1 statement date and make sure u pay the balance below $30 b4 the statement date (this is different then the due date). Having that 90 % uti report this month will hurt ur scores temporarily. With only 300 cl u will end up having to make multiple payments so cap1 sees u have the money going thru them but the credit reports don't see balances over 10%.

Message 11 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Just don't forget to at least make the minimum payment due before the due date. The rest that you want to pay for UTI purposes can be paid between the due date and statement date, which for Cap1 is usually 3 says after the due date.
Message 12 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

How were your scores?

If you haven't read it yet, search the forum for the "saturation technique"  That's about all that's left for you to attempt because you've done good on your rebuild so far.  At this point, time and possibly removing some lates through goodwill are about the only things you can do on your report to improve the negatives.  You'll have 12 months of good payment history in June and I think this, along with the 2 revolving accounts reporting, will start opening some doors for you to look at some better cards.  You can apply for more starter cards but they won't grow with you and then you'll be stuck with a card that you don't use.  That's just my opinion so if there's a card that you're thinking would be useful for you now, research it and see if it looks like you qualify.  I wouldn't waste money on cards like Credit One or others that charge the ridiculous fees and interest.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late response, had a busy couple of days.

My scores were:

• 629 Experian
  • 608 Transunion
  • 595 Equifax

Going to that site was extremely helpful. I see there is a $41 charge that has been in collections for years that I must have missed somehow that is reporting to 2 agencies. Another medical bill is reporting as closed to two agencies with "Seriosly Past Due" listed, while it's reporting to the third Open and current, while yet another hospital bill is showing reported to one closed in bankruptcy, reporting to the second open and current, and reporting to the third closed and late.....not sure what to make of some of this.

There's also a loan on there that isn't mine, but it was paid off in 2014.....so...not sure if that's helping or hindering (or worth removing). It's most likely my dad's (I'm a Jr) and it wouldn't be the first time something of his has shown up on mine.

So, it looks like I may have a bit of a journey still in front of me! Thanks so much for the help so far!!

As far as cards go, I was interested in the Marvel card, but I don't know if that is going to be the card for me. I'll look up the saturation technique as well. Thanks again!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying off the collection would help.  NFCU gave me a credit card with scores less than yours.  If you qualify you might want to try them.  If you read up I think there is some back door way to qualify for membership.  THere is a thread about them on here ask your question on there I am sure someone would tell you how to get in. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.