Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit while under tax lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit while under tax lien

@Anonymous wrote:

You just gave me SO MUCH HOPE!!! I have ONE lien that cost me a new townhouse I just sent my final payment in today so I can't wait for it to fall off and I can get qualified! What were your scores like when you received all this credit if you don't mind me asking. OR more so what was the process. Did you apply before getting your 90-day removals or after and to the original poster mine is a state tax lien as well and my rep said once she received my payment she'd file the withdrawal forms and I'd be good to go. She's been extremely helpful so far believe it or not.

I am so happy to hear my post gave you some hope. Just about everything I've done so far with my credit I learned from reading these forums. I started with 2 state tax liens, and at this point I still have them both. The status has not changed.

I got my Capital One Platinum card on August 16 of this year before I had ANYTHING removed. At that time I was only getting FAKO scores which again were 604 EX 542 EQ, TU 598. The 2 medical collections were removed by Oct 1. I sent DV letters and was not satisfied with what they sent me (their own in-house letters) and they didn't want to send anything more. I had insurance that should have taken care of it anyway. So I disputed with all 3 bureaus, and all 3 removed the 2 medical collections. 

@I did not get the 5 90-day lates removed until November 3rd. It took 5 GW letters and I was about to send in my 6th, lol.  So, at this point my scores REALLY shot up all the way to 719 FIKO. I kinda thought it was a fluke and decided to take advantage while the score was so high, lol. After reading more into it, I learned from these forums that Discover stars to accept around the 675 score range or so. And besides that they pull EQ for applications and TU for CLI. Well my TU score was a lot lower at that point but the 719 EQ Fico score gave me a little confidence even though at this time my TU was only 589 (FAKO). So I pulled the trigger. I honestly thought I was gonna be denied. I think I almost fainted when I got the CONGRATS screen and it showed a $5,500 CL. Especially since my one and only CC Cap 1 Platinum only had a CL of $300. I was on a financial credit high, lol, so I applied for a second Cap 1 card and BOOM....approved @ $7,500!! I then got on live chat with Cap 1 customer service and they upgraded my Platinum card to QS with rewards and no AF.

So I got my first card before I did anything, $300 CL from Cap 1. After I had my medical collections and student loan lates removed, I applied for Discover and the second Cap 1 card. I went from having NO credit when I started in August. Once my 2 new cards get here (can't wait!) my total credit will be $13,300. I will be gardening for about 12 months then I plan on purchasing my first home. Sooooo excited!  Anicole, you can do it too!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.