Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit-your opinions

tag
NewYxox
New Contributor

Rebuilding credit-your opinions

Hello everyone. I've watched these boards for a while now. Back in 2014 I thought I was ready to start rebuilding my credit, opened up a few secured cards then messed up again so here I am 2 years later trying at it again. I just really want to be Eligable for a home loan maybe within a year and a half-2 years. I think I'm giving myself plenty of time to get everything taken care of now so I'm not stressed when that time comes. My current scores that I bought off of here are EX: 588 EQ: 567 TU: 563. My reports have 4 collection accounts on them..2 of them being medical bills one for $30 and another for $340. A $1500 sprint bill that's not due to come off until another 4 years and another collection I'm not exactly sure of what. Moving on I have 2 charge off accounts with capital one (both being secured cards) one was paid in full, the other is on there showing a balance of $109. I have a us bank charge off $100-$200 left. I have $32,000 in student loans on deferred payments never late or touched. I also have an old loan through my bank that I opened back in 2010 showing as closed and paid but has tons of late payments showing..and also another bofa credit cards paid&closed but lots of late payments.

Ok so back in 2014 I read all about GW and PFD letters and I emailed/called/mailed out tons of letters for 3 months straight!! I was only successful in removing an old Comcast bill that was on there and a utility bill that I paid off and requested for it to be removed. I wonder what to do next? To keep trying the GW letters with bofa and my old bank. And maybe PFD for the others?

On April 22nd I decided to try my luck and yet again apply for some secured cards and to my surprise I was approved! Not at all sure why, but Capital One approved me again for a $200 secured card with only the minimum deposit amount even after charging off 2 other accounts and one not being paid in full yet, but hey I'll take it! I was also approved for a secured discoverIt $300, and a Citi secured for $200. I actually just received my discover and capital one cards yesterday in the mail and I'm still waiting on my citi.

I've been reading and I know all about utilization keeping balances low etc etc etc. I only plan on leaving a very small balance on each of my cards within every statement. I also know my credit limits are low and maybe within a few months I should deposit more money into one of the cards?

I need help on what to continue doing to keep raising my score, my goal is to be in the mid/high 600's by the end of the year. Any comments are appreciated thanks!! ☺️

FICO EQ score as of 2/20/14; 546
FICO TU score as of 2/28/14; 492
FICO EX score as of 2/28/14; 551
Goal: 650 across all 3 by 12/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit-your opinions

For optimal scoring only have one card report a balance of less than 10%.for that card not your overall limit. Keep the GW/PFD process going. And wait. In 6 month you should have better scores.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just use and let those secured cards age for 12 months or so. No more new accounts. PFD/GW while those secured cards age and you should be golden. Citi and discover will eventually graduate so that's a plus! Cap one will eventually let you get their unsecured by that time as well.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the charge offs would be great if you can pay them off to 0 so they stop monthly reporting and affecting your utilization.

The collections should be much easier to negotiate a PFD or GW if paid already. Keep pushing those letter and emails out.

Bofa- keep pushing letters and emails.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is tart with the lowest debt and pay that off and than work into the other debt...Pay off those medicals and than get them deleted by using the HIPAA process and than request for a PFD if possible. Than in one year try to get a small loan through ur local bank to possible help with the mix of debt and have some payment history since ur student loans are in deffermant, Also maybe see if you have anyone that you could be an AU with someone that is responsible so you can also get a boost. Never give up on the GW letters on the paid items!!! I have been doing it for about 6 months now and I am averaging one account deleted per month but everyone has different results. But never give up on it because one day it will pay off.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.