Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding for Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding for Mortgage

Hello everyone. I am currently rebuilding my credit for a mortgage. I started last month. I am trying to get to a 640 mid by July and apply for a VA home loan. Below is my current file. I am more so nervous about my recent baddies and it going through underwriting. Could someone please tell me what I should do to strengthen my file?

• AES/PHEAA
    • February 2016 (30 day): Refused to honor Goodwill Letter
  • Badcock: Equifax
    • October 2016 (30 day): Honored Goodwill Request
  • Credit First (CFNA)
    • May/June 2016 (30/60): Sending Goodwill Request
  • Barclay
    • Baddies are from more than 2 years ago: Refused to honor Goodwill Request
  • Victoria’s Secret
    • Sept 2015/Jan 2015 (30 day): Rep sent over info and stated my Goodwill Request should be honored
  • Farmer’s Furniture
    • Feb 2013 (30 day): Sending Goodwill Letter
  • Capital One
    • May/June 2012 (30/60): Reporting to TransUnion
  • Military Star
    • Jan 2014 (30), April/May 2014 (30/60), June/July 2014 (30/60), August 2014 (Charge Off): Refused to honor Goodwill Letter
  • Capital One
    • More than 2 years ago: Honoring GoodWill Letter
  • Capital One
    • No Date (60 days): Equifax
  • Tax Lien
    • Paid (May 2014): Equifax
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding for Mortgage

Hello

I would personally let the GW letters cycle and look for updates on your reports. Come back and post you current FICO scores, utilization, AAOA and remaining collections/derogatory accounts. You should be able to get some sound advice with more info from you....just my 2 cents

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Tax lien because of the new rules will probably come off this summer however you can request it be deleted now." I am disputing the tax lien on my Equifax report see attached page of my report.It was reported in Acme County, CA superior court on page 123 book 1 dated 1/1/2001.  The tax lien fails to show all the required information under the National Consumer Protection Act. To be valid it had to have 1) my name 2) address 3) social security number or date of birth. The tax lien fails to have these elements and cannot be validated."  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get Badcock to accept your goodwill letter. Who did you send it to. Can you PM me the contact information please and thank you.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called....
Message 5 of 10
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Tax lien because of the new rules will probably come off this summer however you can request it be deleted now." I am disputing the tax lien on my Equifax report see attached page of my report.It was reported in Acme County, CA superior court on page 123 book 1 dated 1/1/2001.  The tax lien fails to show all the required information under the National Consumer Protection Act. To be valid it had to have 1) my name 2) address 3) social security number or date of birth. The tax lien fails to have these elements and cannot be validated."  

By "fails to show required information," does this mean that the credit report doesn't show it under its Public Records heading, or that the info isn't contained in the case number that they pulled it from? I have a dinky lien that was paid four years ago that I want gone to give myself three spotless reports, but I sure don't want to perjure myself to do it. My most recent 3B report has the court and case number under the two bureaus that are reporting it, but no name, address, or SS# in the listing proper. Does that qualify under the new rules?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax liens & Judgements are the main items covered under "National Consumer Protection "  The agreement says to still report liens & judgements must have these elements, 1) Name 2) address must be current or former address 3) social security number or date of birth.If they do not have these   they simply cannot be reported. The effective time frame is this summer.  They will go away on there own some time this summer? or can be nudged along now . The thing is they cannot affirm if they don't have all the items. I had an item from several years ago that was not mine and tried to get it removed that fell under this and have already gotten it removed from TU and EXP.  DW has a continual problem with one other person who has her exact name, very similar birth date, lives close by and is in the line of work as as.  The other person's bad seems to  appear on DW report all the time. We also disputed an item using this and got TU and EXP  to remove it.  Google National Consumer Protection or look for the other posts in this forum that just deal with that topic.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call the corporate office or the badcock location where you purchased?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crazychyck86, can you pm me the info for Badcock furnitu7?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

***furniture ***
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.