Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding for a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding for a home

My husband and I had our lender run our report and our  Fico 2 score came back 595. He wants us up 40+ points. After moving a few times, I missed a couple student loan payments in 2014 and one credit card payment in Septemeber 2014 resulting in baddies. I have offically repaid all credit card debit on 3/20/15 thanks to our tax return & work bonus. My husband has no credit card debt and over a 740 score.

I paid of these off but these were my balances as of 3/10. My fico score is 621

Macys: $300 of $1000

BBY: $790 of $2100

AMEX: $5,363 of $5600

Discover: $1,151 of $1600

Capital One: $834 of $1,000

Capital One: $83 of $500

I have sent good will letters out to Discover & Citi student loan. My husband added me as an authorized user to his 2 credit cards $15,000 limit & $10,000 limit.

Any clue on where I should expect to be ? How can I raise my Fico 2 score even more? 

Total Debt:

Credit Cards- $0

Student Loan- $0

Car payments- $0

Thanks!

A

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding for a home

I dont give Fico score estimations but if you paid all that debt off I would not be surprised if you get the 40 points. You actually want 1 of your cards reporting a small balance of no more than 9% of its CL to the CRAs, all revolvers at 0 is a Fico score ding. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding for a home

I do have an $8 charge on one of my cards that I will pay off when the bill is due in April. 

I received some responses from my goodwill letters to Discover & Capital One. I sent an email to the email address found by good serarching for the CEO. I received an email back from the Executive Offices: Thank you for your recent email correspondence addressed to XX Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Discover® Financial Services. To ensure your concerns are addressed as efficiently as possible, your email has been referred to my attention at the Executive Office of Customer Advocacy at Discover®.  

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention regarding the reporting of your Discover card account. Our records indicate the past due status on your account is valid.  For this reason, we are unable to comply with your request to remove or alter the credit history previously reported to the credit bureau agencies, as we are obligated to report accurate information.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at the telephone number below.

My response back was a letter basically pleading & begging for help-

Hello X,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I would like to stress that the information currently being reported is accurate, (I am not disputing anything with Discover. I am simply asking, begging, and pleading with Discover for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove the late payment from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be Discover's normal policy. 

Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any negative data on an account it chooses from the credit report. I’m hoping that Discover will recognize my overall payment history & that they can help me with a Goodwill gesture in my case for this account. I appreciate the reply and just that someone read my email.

I have been struggling to get back on my feet and repay my creditors every last penny I owe to them. I realized the financial mistakes I have made in the past and have remedied them by paying back every last cent that I owe, including bringing my balance with Discover to $0. I hope you can understand the helplessness of my situation and how much I would appreciate & benefit from a one time Goodwill gesture to my report. This gesture would mean the opportunity to purchase my first home, build on my family's future, and move forward with my financial progress.

From Capitol One I sent a message via facebook and received the same reply basically as above. I also sent them a similar response email.

Here is to hoping getting down on your hands and knees work! I will keep you posted.

-A

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.