cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding from Ch.7

tag
deebray

Rebuilding from Ch.7

New member, first post. Great community, great resources. I had a great credit portfolio up until 2008 where I transferred with my job to a new expensive city. I had to sell my home during the housing crisis and ended up doing a short sale in 2009 because the prices had dropped so low in my area. I managed my credit horribly trying to live and handle finances in 2 cities and ended up filing and discharged from ch. 7 bankruptcy in November of 2010. I reaffirmed my debt for my 2 cars which I have never been late on a payment. I have been in my job for 12 yrs and make 125k a year. One year since discharge I have opened a secure credit card with Capital One and a Unsecured card with Orchard bank, so combined with my car payments I am hoping on raising my credit scores which I recently reviewed on freecreditreport.com and I was at 571. I have never been late with my high rent or utilities and will manage my new and existing credit the same way in the hopes of qualifying for a mortgage by the end of the year or worst case scenario 2 yrs. Any feedback or suggestions are much appreciated. Thx...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
deebray

Re: Rebuilding from Ch.7

Just to clarify, I meant qualifying for a mortgage at the end of 2012, which would be a little over 2 yrs from my bankruptcy discharge.
Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear about selling your home.

The CS (credit score) from the other site is what we call a FAKO, not a real FICO score.

The TU and EQ FICO scores can only be found in a few places and one of them is here at myFICO.

As of a year ago(maybe two) consumers can not get a EX FICO score.

The only way to obtain a EX FICO score is from a mortgage lender or a loan officer at a bank.

If you have the funds I would suggest getting your TU & EQ FICO scores here.

A CR also comes with it when you buy a FICO score here.

My real FICO score was 100 pts more, then my FAKO score.But I've seen others report their FICO score was lower then their FAKO.

Good Luck to you and BTW Welcome to the forums here at myFICO.Smiley Happy

ETA....There is a 10% off of myfico products right now,until saturday 12/24/2011. Promo code is on the right side of the forums.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
deebray

Thanks again. I signed up and reviewed my Fico score, which is currently at 625. Don't know how my other 2 scores impact me but I will continue to push towards the high 600's for 2012 so I can have a chance at a mortgage.
Message 4 of 5
Lil_Me
New Contributor

deebray,

I to filed a chapter 7 in Feb 2011 and hope to get a mortgage in 2013.

10/3/2020 TU: 619, EP: 627, EQ: 613

Discover It $2200, /images.ctfassets.net/vrxttq978is8/6wscgyGnZ3KkFiyrWOJrO4/a8326124891622c78192fa5afe137103/New_Project__1_.png?w=1133&h=1000&q=50 “ height=”40” width=”50”> Avant $500, Credit One $600, One $400, /helzberg.com/media/icons/platinum-credit-card-170x106-opt.jpg “ height=”40” width=”50”> Helzberg $1000, Ann Taylor $500, VS $150, /www.ulta.com/static/images/footer_cc.png “ height=”40” width=”50”> Ulta $400, Amazon Prime $100, Cap 1 $450, Navy Federal $200

Gardening Mode!!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.