cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding from Scratch - Where do I start?

tag
katydid7

Re: Rebuilding from Scratch - Where do I start?

Ok great - that's what I did. I left out the 2 collections.

Message 11 of 14
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Make sure you count the closed accounts also.
Message 12 of 14
katydid7

Updated info as of 7/25/17:

EQ 532, TU 554, EX 557

Charge Offs/Collections:
Synchrony/Walmart assigned to Monarch Recovery Management for collection. Synchrony reporting $1440 balance. I called and asked to pay them directly, they said I have to pay through Monarch even though they did not “sell” the debt, they just assigned it. Made $145/month payment arrangement with Monarch starting 4/28– should I PIF or offer settlement instead so they don’t report? No collection reporting now. DOFD 11/1/15.

Synchrony/Amazon reporting 0 bal. Midland reporting $1574 as a collection. Assigned to attorneys London and London, they sent letter 2/2017. Made one payment to London and London, $100, 5/1. DOFD 12/1/15. >>Should I send PFD to Midland or London and London?

Synchrony/Lowes reporting 0 bal. Midland reporting $5808 as a collection. Not assigned to attorneys. Made one payment to Midland, $50, 5/1. DOFD 11/1/15.

Barclay’s reporting $3822 bal. Received letter from Capital Management Services in summer 2016, haven’t heard anything since. No collection reporting. Listed on report as Consumer could not be located. DOFD 11/1/15.

Capital One reporting $1799 balance. Received letter from Northland Group in summer 2016, haven’t heard anything since. No collection reporting. DOFD 11/1/15. >>Now with London and London. Would like to send settlement offer to Capital one or London and London.

Capital One reporting $$2612 Balance. In 2 year payment plan with Cap One. DOFD 11/1/15. Updated balance $2412. >>Would like to offer settlement to stop the updating every month.

Other Bads:

Mortgage with multiple lates, in 3rd month of trial payment plan under FHA HAMP now, hopefully will have permanent mod in next few months. Not sure how this will report after permanent mod is complete, right now it’s reporting 120/180 day lates. >>Permanent mod was approved and reflected in credit reports. Reporting as current starting July 2017.

Frontier, TD Bank Auto – both reporting incorrectly and I will dispute.

Navient – reporting late student loans even though I was in grace period, back in school now. Will dispute.

Goods (that are open):

Credit Card through my credit union. Bal $1000 (100% util) no lates >>paid in full but reports not updated yet.

Vehicle Loan through credit union. Bal $6931. No lates. >>bal 6450.

I want to work on the charge offs and collections and I have some savings as well as a surplus each month to attack them. Please share your advice on where I should start and which ones I should do PFD's, settlements, etc. Thanks in advance!!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.