Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding from late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding from late payments

Okay, so i been working on my credit for some time now. i had a fall back in 2012 where i lost my job and missed a few payments(120 days to be exact) . what i was left with was the following: 

Capital one: limit $3,750.00 Bal $500.00 (120 days late in 2012)

Discover IT: Limit $1,250.00 Bal $100.00 (Never Late) 

Chase Freedom: Limit $1,000.00 Bal $500.00 (closed) (120 days late in 2012) (Currently in payment plan) 

BOA power rewards: Limit $1,500.00 Bal: 700.00 (closed) (120 days late in 2012) (Currently in payment plan) 

Care Credit: limit $1,000.00 Bal: $0 (Never late) 

I was able to bring all my accounts up to date, I double and triple checked my credit report for errors, i sent out goodwill letters, I've never missed a payment since 2012. and my credit score seems to be stuck in the following:

My current credit score is the following: 

TU: 705

EX: 640

EQ: 547 

I don't know know why there's such a dig difference in the score between the bureaus. should i try a credit repair agency? or should i keep waiting? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding from late payments

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so i been working on my credit for some time now. i had a fall back in 2012 where i lost my job and missed a few payments(120 days to be exact) . what i was left with was the following: 

Chase Freedom: Limit $1,000.00 Bal $500.00 (closed) (120 days late in 2012) (Currently in payment plan) 

BOA power rewards: Limit $1,500.00 Bal: 700.00 (closed) (120 days late in 2012) (Currently in payment plan) 

I was able to bring all my accounts up to date, I double and triple checked my credit report for errors, i sent out goodwill letters, I've never missed a payment since 2012. and my credit score seems to be stuck in the following:

I don't know know why there's such a dig difference in the score between the bureaus. should i try a credit repair agency? or should i keep waiting? 

A Credit repair agency can do no more than what you can do yourself. Credit repair takes time and is not a race. My advice would be to keep making your payments on time and keep sending GW letters to the creditors in an effort ro get the lates commuted. I would also start working on building up your portfolio by obtaining new bankcards. If those scores are not Fico scores then they are not reliable and are Fakos. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A Credit repair agency can do no more than what you can do yourself. Credit repair takes time and is not a race. My advice would be to keep making your payments on time and keep sending GW letters to the creditors in an effort ro get the lates commuted. I would also start working on building up your portfolio by obtaining new bankcards. If those scores are not Fico scores then they are not reliable and are Fakos. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Thank you!! its been a 2 year journey and i feel like the scores just go up and down and up again. I guess i was just getting discouraged.As far as the scores i actually ordered them from FICO ( followed link on my discover card). The difference is quite big, gets me scared to start applying again and get turned down if they pull EQ. 

Message 3 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

We're the accounts closed by you? Or are they actually charged off?
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you reviewed your individual reports to try to determine why EQ is so much lower? a 50 point spread is not uncommon but 150+ points??? Something is not right there...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
We're the accounts closed by you? Or are they actually charged off?

The accounts were closed by the creditors, and i currently have them on a payment plan with them. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you reviewed your individual reports to try to determine why EQ is so much lower? a 50 point spread is not uncommon but 150+ points??? Something is not right there...

Yeah I been working with all three individual credit bureaus since 2012. All the scores started in the 500s and slowly started increasing, Except EQ. It goes up to the 600s and then boom drops again, its like a roller coaster. Smiley Sad 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is being reported to them that is different from the other two?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I been working with all three individual credit bureaus since 2012. All the scores started in the 500s and slowly started increasing, Except EQ. It goes up to the 600s and then boom drops again, its like a roller coaster. Smiley Sad 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is being reported to them that is different from the other two?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually just requested an updated report and it seems that EQ doesn't  update properly, my accounts still have old balances from the beginning of 2014. i just that they update it. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.