Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding journal

tag
score2low
Established Member

Rebuilding journal

Hi All,

I am in need of some serious help. I am just starting my credit rebuild and as you can imagine I'm completely overwhelmed. I stumbled across this forum about a month ago and through my lurking have found some fantastic advice. The road is long and I still have many questions and concerns.

the Bad:

cap 1 charged off $3500

Direct Merchant charged off $4500 not paid

Orchard some lates

Discover High balance 60% util

The good:

Discover - never late - CLI from 4500 to 5900 2 weeks ago

Orchard is now cap 1- CLI from 1150 to 2550 2 weeks ago 18% util

Dell balance 0

Cap 1 charge off Paid in full

Truck paid off

checking and saving account at local CU.

My starting score about 2 months ago was 590 (FICO Discover) current score via discover and creditK 625(FICO) 635(ck score fako?) I did pull my free reports from all 3 agencies around Sept. of 2013 so I won't be getting them again for a while.

So my 1st question/ start point is to get an up to date report. I read the CMS guide on the site but I'm not sure how current all that stuff is. I need a daily/ weekly pull from all 3 CRAs which limits the choices. I'm looking into EIDT but when I got to purchase I get a failed security certificate which makes me question the product. I also tried to sign up for the USAA product but I am not eligible for an account. I tried to get info on the "limited" account I've read about but so far I have nothing. I'm looking to spend no more than $20 a month.

New credit:

Should I try and get new CCs ? only have 1 HP from over a year ago. I'm hoping to get a PL from the CU to pay off the direct M charge off sometime around July.( going to try to GW a few things and get Discover down a bit before I do)

I'm back to work now (2years in July) make about 55k(before OT) which doesn't go far in NJ

Ultimate goal is to get back into the 700s (750) and a new MC in spring 2015.

any help advice is greatly appreciated. thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
score2low
Established Member

Re: Rebuilding journal

Got a CMS today

Score for TU 635

EQ 602

Ex 579

Credit BureauTransUnionExperianEquifax
Total Accounts877
Open Accounts545
Closed Accounts332
Total Balances---------
Total Monthly Payments------
Number of Unsatisfactory Accounts000
Derogatory Accounts322
Number of Inquiries in Last 2 Years110
Number of Public Records000

TU:

Score Factors:

Factor 1: Number of months since most recent delinquency
Factor 2: Too few satisfactory accounts
Factor 3: Collection amounts ever owed are too high

EQ:

Score Factors:

Factor 1: Too many delinquencies
Factor 2: Number of months since most recent delinquency
Factor 3: Not enough debt experience

EX:

Score Factors:
Factor 1: Too many delinquencies
Factor 2: Number of months since most recent delinquency
Factor 3: Not enough debt experience

Have some work to do.  

Message 2 of 3
score2low
Established Member

Re: Rebuilding journal

I have an old collection that I would like to get removed. Don't think it will help the scores out at all but its a place to start.

Medical collection

CTECH COLL, Reporting on TU only, opening date 2/2009, balance 0, account closed paid, last report 2/2011, comment paid collection.

Looks as if they no longer report it. where do I go from here? GW to TU or CTECH?  or do i have to wait for it to fall off?

Also, I have a Cap 1 account that is open but restricted. account open 1/10/2006

This account as of 3/04/2014 is reporting open with a CL of $3000 and $0 balance and pays as agreed. It has lates on it that are killing my score.

late  3/2007 (30)

late 1/2012 (30)

2/2012 (60)

3/2012 (90)

4/2012 (120)

5/2012 (120)

6/2012 (120)

7/2012 (90)

paid all back payments in aug 2012, went on a payment plan and never missed aother payment.  Is this ready for a GW attemped ?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.