Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding milestone---secured card closing

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Rebuilding milestone---secured card closing

Closed my Cap One secured card today--after having it for a year. This is my first closing--two more to go. Have to close First Progress by mail, so that will take a while. FNBO has the possibility to graduate, so I'm giving it another month. 

The CSR on chat kept saying we're sorry to see you go, even though I still have a QS1 card. They should develop a new script for when people use the secured card to rebuild and then graduate to unsecured credit. They should say congratulations, here's a Venture card, haha. Not sorry to see you go. Sorry we have to send you your deposit back, we've been enjoying it. haha

Onward and upward!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding milestone---secured card closing

WOO HOOOOOO!

They didn't apologize to me Smiley Sad. Kept saying "when this is closed, it can not be reopened". Yah. I know.  I have a QS.  You still have my business. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS.   It's such a great feeling to be able to say goodbye to a secured card.  That's when you know you have arrived.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.