cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my Credit Brick by Brick: NOW AT 650!

tag
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding my Credit Brick by Brick: NOW AT 650!

Haha, no worries. I want to get rid of Merrick as well, Disco, Cap1 and Amex are my goals, all cash back. I will knock off collections too and hope for PFDs.
5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 51 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC companies rules for acceptance can be tricky to understand. My scores are right here with you and I was turned down for AmEx but did want to let you know that Discover approved me 3 months ago (i hadn't heard the range rule so many say here) and gave me an auto CLI on day 87. When you are ready to apply you may very well be approved. There are no guarantees.
Message 52 of 59
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Perhaps go for Discover and head to the garden.. I have 3 inquiries now.
Message 53 of 59
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Move my checking account and savings to PenFed to start my relationship with them? 

Message 54 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't hurt. I tried to open a CC there 3 months ago when I got my Discover and NFCU but they denied me. I tried recon and the woman was great but let me know my scores weren't quite there yet for their new standards. She offered to call back in 3-6 months to see where I am. I'll be sure to let EVERYONE know when that happens so we'll know then if 650s will do the trick (with my background anyway...) As always YMMV.
Message 55 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your most recent baddies should receive priority attention as they have the most negative impact on your score. The other two youve shown can either be PFD attempt or wait out. They have less impact on score than recent baddies.

Message 56 of 59
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

We got this, first off I love your name and secondly I've known all along that I should be doing that. The high of getting approved consumed me, thank you for your comment Smiley Happy
I would also love a score increase
Message 57 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brickbybrick wrote:
We got this, first off I love your name and secondly I've known all along that I should be doing that. The high of getting approved consumed me, thank you for your comment Smiley Happy
I would also love a score increase

Thanks! Being new to the forum...I failed to see how many pages in this thread...ha! So forgive me for not following your entire thread. I too am rebuilding and found so many useful words of advise from the community and just glad to be here amongst like minded individuals with the same goals. I will do my best to help as Ive been helped.

I wish you great success in your goals. only way is up! We got this! Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 59
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

I am new as well and no worries. Yes, the like mindedness certainly helps and it's surely helped me get to where I am and will be. I try and help those that are new the best I can as well, it is all about passing it forward. Do you have a thread on your rebuild?
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.