Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit - One bad at a time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit - One bad at a time

Hello all, I just want to say what an unbelieveable amount of informaition there is in this forum and how it inspired me to FINALLY tackle my credit issues. I felt like I was on my own against multiple CAs with no help available, then I found this community. =)

So far, before I knew of the help and information here, I paid a collection in full to Porfolio Recovery. Wrong move since i didnt send a PFD letter.. Anyway, I wanted to post the bads on my report and see if anyone could help with contact information or just any general guidance.

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES

Status as of:                       Aug, 2010                            Balance:                               $798

Date opened:                    Feb, 2008                             Current status:                  120+ days past due

Date of last activity:        Aug, 2007                            Past due amount:            $798

Largest past balance:      $869

Account type:                    Open Account

Account holder:                                Individual

Descriptions:

Collection account

Actions:

Paid full balance on 9/17/10 and received a letter stating the company will report this account as “Paid” to the three major credit reporting agencies.

Sent GW letter via email 9/21/10 and received a response same day stating "it in not the business practice or PRA to remove or delete credit information in exchange for payment"

CREDIT ONE BANK

Status as of:                       Aug, 2010                            Balance:                               $269

Date opened:                    Dec, 2008                             Current status:                  Pays account as agreed

Date of last activity:        Aug, 2010                            Past due amount:            Not Reported

Credit Limit:                        $200                      

Largest past balance:      Not Reported                    Seven year payment history

Account type:                    Revolving                            30 days late:       2 times (Apr 2010, Dec 2009)

Account holder:                Individual                            60 days late:       1 time (Jan 2010)

Scheduled payment:      $25                                         90+ days late:    0 times

Descriptions:

Credit Card

Actions:

Paid account on time since May 2010. Current balance is $48

CITI CARD

Status as of:                       Nov, 2009                            Balance:                               $0

Date opened:                    Feb, 2004                             Current status:                  Bad debt/collection

Date of last activity:        Jul, 2005                               Past due amount:            Not Reported                   

Largest past balance:      $330                                      

Account type:                    Revolving                            Seven year payment history

Account holder:                Individual                            30 days late:       0 times

Scheduled payment:      $0                                         60 days late:       3 times

90+ days late:    3 times (Apr 2006, Mar 2006, Feb 2006)

Descriptions:

Paid charge off

Actions:

I don’t remember what actions were taken on this account

BANK OF AMERICA

Status as of:                       Feb, 2008                             Balance:                               $0

Date opened:                    Mar, 2004                            Current status:                  Bad debt/collection

Date of last activity:        Aug, 2007                            Past due amount:            Not Reported                   

Largest past balance:      $869                                      

Account type:                    Revolving                            Seven year payment history

Account holder:                                Individual                            30 days late:       8 times (Sep 2007, Jun 2007, Dec Scheduled payment:            $0                                                                           2006,Aug 2006, Jul 2006, May 2006,

Mar 2006)           

60 days late:       5 times (Oct 2007, Feb 2007, Jan 2007,

Apr 2006)

90+ days late:    6 times (Jan 2008, Dec 2007, Nov 2007, Mar 2007)

Descriptions:

Account transferred or sold

Charged off account

Actions:

This account was sold to CA PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES

CA Paid as of Aug 2010

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to include all of the information I have.

EQ FICO 527

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding my credit - One bad at a time

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Portfolio - keep with the GWs. Also look around...seems like there were GW success stories with them.

Credit One - Send GWs for the lates. Looks like you were over the limit? That's a HUGE score killer in FICO-speak. Also, if you use it and PIF each month, they'll give you regular increase (1-2/yr). DW started with them at the end of 2007 I think with $200 and is now $725. She never asked for an increase but always gave it to her. I started in 9/2007 and by the time I closed it in 7/2009, the limit went to $650. They don't like it when the card is over the limit.

Citi - send GWs.

BofA - send GWs.

Your options are limited. The above is about all you can do (GWs). Per contact info, I bet you'll have more luck if you send the GWs to the addresses listed on your CRs.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit - One bad at a time

Thanks for the reply! I'll work on those GW letters and wait for responses with fingers crossed. In the meantime I'll READ READ READ! =)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.