Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit - TU is lowest score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit - TU is lowest score

I have been rebuilding my credit almost obsessivly for the last 6 months and I have finally gotten everything cleaned up on TU but it is my LOWEST score!  There are no collections at all on there.  How can I get it up?  It is about 10-20 points lower than my other scores and those are reporting collections.  I guess maybe I need to pay down some of my balances and just wait it out a little???

Thanks

Shannon

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit - TU is lowest score

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been rebuilding my credit almost obsessivly for the last 6 months and I have finally gotten everything cleaned up on TU but it is my LOWEST score!  There are no collections at all on there.  How can I get it up?  It is about 10-20 points lower than my other scores and those are reporting collections.  I guess maybe I need to pay down some of my balances and just wait it out a little???

Thanks

Shannon

What else is on the report? And what is missing from the report that is on the others? Are there positives on EQ/EX that are not reporting to TU?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Shannon

What are your balances and limits for ALL of your revolving lines?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 cards with a zero balance and 4 cards with a balance of about 50% of the limit

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 4 cards with a zero balance and 4 cards with a balance of about 50% of the limit

Pay off completely the card with the lowest balance. Get the other three to below 30% each. Doing that should net you a significant increase in all your scores, but quite a bit moreso on TU than the others because its a clean file.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, check your file account by account for discrepancies in how they are reporting---I know I've caught some that have affected my file.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the same boat until today.... I got TONS of stuff off my report, corrected, etc and my score wouldn't move. Then today it went up 40 points!! It seems to increase really suddenly with TU, whereas the others all updated as time went by instead of THIS much at once.

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Norman is right, and once you pay those down, you should see a jump in your score. However, it may not match the other scores. If not, you would have to look deeper into your reports to see where the discrepancies are.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.