Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit at 52.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit at 52.

Hello All,

Well i guess I will explain my credit issues. I always paid cash my whole life. I worked overtime for 13 years and paid cash for my home.I paid 291,000 cash for it. I saved and bought my wife a new car and never paid much attention to my credit and really never had a problem. I paid 27,000 for her car. 

In 2009 my daughter passed in 2009 and I exausted all the remaining savings and only kept my car and home. I was trying to save her and took her to any doctor I thought could help.. I was told to go bankrupt to save my home before I got behind. I did file but I dismissed it after I realized I could recover without it. This was prior to having to make payments to a trustee.

I Retired in 2011. I went to finance a vechical and the intrest rate was high. The first credit card I applied for denied me. I hired lexington law and I saw my credit report for the first time ever. The bankruptcy was on there and a ton of inquires. A few were mine but most I did not even know what they were. TU had 6 negitives and 1 positive,equifax had 2 negitives and 1 positive and experian had 4 negitives and 1 positive. . Lexington removed a couple of negitives the first month both on trans union.

Am I going the best route? The negitives were not mine but one. The one that was mine was a bill I disputed with a phone company(verizon). 152 dollars. All the reporters are different but 2. None higher then the verizon. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding my credit at 52.

Were the accounts the result of fraud? If so, file a police report and submit that to the creditors and the CRA'S.

Attempt a pay for delete on the Verizon account. Who is reporting the OC or a CA?

Dispute the bankruptcy as false as you pulled out of it, submit any evidence when disputing to the CRA'S.

Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

Well i guess I will explain my credit issues. I always paid cash my whole life. I worked overtime for 13 years and paid cash for my home.I paid 291,000 cash for it. I saved and bought my wife a new car and never paid much attention to my credit and really never had a problem. I paid 27,000 for her car. 

In 2009 my daughter passed in 2009 and I exausted all the remaining savings and only kept my car and home. I was trying to save her and took her to any doctor I thought could help.. I was told to go bankrupt to save my home before I got behind. I did file but I dismissed it after I realized I could recover without it. This was prior to having to make payments to a trustee.

I Retired in 2011. I went to finance a vechical and the intrest rate was high. The first credit card I applied for denied me. I hired lexington law and I saw my credit report for the first time ever. The bankruptcy was on there and a ton of inquires. A few were mine but most I did not even know what they were. TU had 6 negitives and 1 positive,equifax had 2 negitives and 1 positive and experian had 4 negitives and 1 positive. . Lexington removed a couple of negitives the first month both on trans union.

Am I going the best route? The negitives were not mine but one. The one that was mine was a bill I disputed with a phone company(verizon). 152 dollars. All the reporters are different but 2. None higher then the verizon. 

Sorry about your daughter. No one on this board is going to promote your relationship with Lex Law, this is a self help site and there is nothing they can do for you that you cannot do yourself. Sounds like you were a victim of ID theft and if those negatives come back you are going to have to go through the ID Theft process (you can ask about that later if need be). For the one that is yours if there is no collection agency involved I would send a PFD letter to them. The dismissed BK unfortunately will stick to your reports for 10 years from its filing date, EX & TU may remove it at 7 years if you voluntarily dismissed it., What you need to start building credit is some revolving cards, I would look into a secured card ASAP either from a local CU or a national one like SDFCU.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were the accounts the result of fraud? If so, file a police report and submit that to the creditors and the CRA'S.

Attempt a pay for delete on the Verizon account. Who is reporting the OC or a CA?

Dispute the bankruptcy as false as you pulled out of it, submit any evidence when disputing to the CRA'S.

Good luck!

I am not sure how they got there and do not even understand what the names mean. Im going to google them later. The are all for small sums of money. I will do that with the verizon account. That was a bitter divorce with verizon and I refused to pay for equipment I returned and they did this.I did dispute the Bankruptcy. I guess im on track then. I did not send the dismissal paperwork to the cra but I will in the AM.

Thank you very much for responding and for the info.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

Sorry about your daughter. No one on this board is going to promote your relationship with Lex Law, this is a self help site and there is nothing they can do for you that you cannot do yourself. Sounds like you were a victim of ID theft and if those negatives come back you are going to have to go through the ID Theft process (you can ask about that later if need be). For the one that is yours if there is no collection agency involved I would send a PFD letter to them. The dismissed BK unfortunately will stick to your reports for 10 years from its filing date, EX & TU may remove it at 7 years if you voluntarily dismissed it., What you need to start building credit is some revolving cards, I would look into a secured card ASAP either from a local CU or a national one like SDFCU.

Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to help. I have to admit when you said the bankruptcy will stay on my report it was upsetting. I was hoping to have it removed because I did not get to the court approval. I dismissed it prior to it getting the relief. I will look into the secured cards. I do not think I could get an unsecured card with scores of 601 tu 634 equifax and 622 experian. I have no idea how the inquries got there. Looks like the car dealer did about 10 inquries. Capital one has done one a month on each report for the last 4 months. I called them to tell them to stop and the day I complained they ran it again when I told them not to. It is very frustrating. Thanks again any other ideas would be much appriciated.

Message 5 of 7
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry for my ill informed post able the BK. I thought as you didn't actually go through BK you should have been able to have it removed. I have no experience in BK.

Freezing your CRs will stop any new HPs if they are actual apps (another sign of fraud / ID theft).

Is capital one on your reports as a bad account? Curious as that would be permissible purpose and a freeze may not stop the hard pulls.

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you can get this all sorted out.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to help. I have to admit when you said the bankruptcy will stay on my report it was upsetting. I was hoping to have it removed because I did not get to the court approval. I dismissed it prior to it getting the relief. I will look into the secured cards. I do not think I could get an unsecured card with scores of 601 tu 634 equifax and 622 experian. I have no idea how the inquries got there. Looks like the car dealer did about 10 inquries. Capital one has done one a month on each report for the last 4 months. I called them to tell them to stop and the day I complained they ran it again when I told them not to. It is very frustrating. Thanks again any other ideas would be much appriciated.

The dismissed BK dilemma I am very well aware of and have fought it for years as I too have one from 05. EX let it go at 7 years without any disputes necessary,  EQ at 8 and I have been un able to foce it off TU even though they say they allow it to drop at 7 years if dismissed voluntarily, the CFPB was useless as well in that fight as federal law actually allows BKs to report for 10 years and anything less is gratis by the CRAs. Its a crooked system and it should be purged from ones record just like a criminal citiation is when they are dismissed... There are 2 different types of inquires hards & softs, Cap-1 is likely softing you every month thats okay you are the only one who ever sees the softs. If Cap-1 is pulling hards every month I would file a CFPB complaint though this could be related to the ID theft as well. To remove inquiries due to the fraud its going to require the ID Theft report process.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.