cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit, full info,all input appreciated!

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Rebuilding my credit, full info,all input appreciated!

Hi guys and gals, I have been lurking around on here for awhile and decided its finally time to post since it seems I've somewhat came to a halt. I started working on my credit in October 2013 and am shooting for the goal of acquiring a mortgage by June 2015. My starting score was 433-equifax FICO current score is 471-equivalent FICO. I have disputed info accounts on my credit report that were unable to be verified and am left with a mere 8 accounts many about to fall off which I will list shortly. My credit at a glance states I have a total past due balance of $1,711. My credit history is 6 years and total accounts with negative indicators is currently 2. My current Equifax accounts listed by FICO are as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Credit Card-pays as agreed opened Sep,2012

Limit:$200 (is secured will be making deposit to raise limit to $1,500)

Current Balance: $237 (just made $100 payment/not posted, will pay down to 0 Jan 15th)

30 day late Jul,2013 - 60 day late Aug,2013 - 90 day late Sep,2013

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dep Ed Sallie Mae- (Student loan) Pays as agreed opened Feb,2007

States largest past balance:$2,665

Current balance:$1,801

Payment:$150month - never late.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verizon - Phone bill

Balance due:$1,164

Opened Jul,2012

Account type: Open (Not really open, phones have been off nearly a year)

120+ Days late

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Premier Credit Card- Account transferred or sold-Paid charge off.

Balance:$0

Opened Aug,2007

90 days late 24 times

Will fall off report 11/2014

---------------------------------------------------------------

First Premier- charged off account

Balance:$547 - why is there a balance if charged off???

Opened Feb,2012

DOLA:May,2013

30 day late May,2013 - 60 day late Jun,2013 - 90 day late Jul,2013

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

collection accounts:

Unknown who holds account

Orig Balance:$1494 Current balance:0

Date assigned Mar,2008

description: consumer disputes, reinvestigation in progress.

On other report it states settlement was taken in notes and that this is a medical debt. I never paid this account or even looked into a settlement. Have bought several reports and none state who holds the debt or where it's from. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indian Hills Community College

Orig Balance:$675 Current balance:$1,092

Desc: Consumer disputes. They claim I attended classes whereas I never did. All they can produce is a naive bill. No signatures or anything. I asked that they provide a signature of mine, if I got a student I'd, if I bought books, because I know that I never did so will see what happens, also have no FAFSA on file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caseys Store

Balance $97

will fall off report Oct 2014

--------------------------------------------

MidAmerican Energy

Balance $41

Will try a PFD, everytime I think about having these small collections I cringe :-S

------------------------------------

Pizza Hut

Balance $47

Will fall off report Oct 2014

---------------------------------

Sprint

Balance $456

Disputed 6 months back under a different collection agency and had removed from all 3 bureaus due to they were not able to verify, thought it was gone until they sold it to a new collection agency that reported it my Equifax and Transunion reports. I disputed that it was unverifiedin past and removed then sold and re-reported, any chance this is grounds for re-removal? This is hurting my score tremendously because it now shows as a new collection.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Bureau Serv. of Iowa

Balance: $120

Desc: Medical

will try a PFD since it won't fall off prior to my mortgage goal date.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ottumwa Waterworks

Balance $89

Will try a PFD because it won't fall off prior to June,2015

-------------------------------------

That is all of my accounts/collections. I have highlighted most of the pertinent info in red so it stands out better. A lot of these accounts will fall off my report prior to me applying for a mortgage. I also took out an auto loan for $19,500 in September,2013 which they say they are reporting but it is not showing up on my report. Plan on paying it down tremendously as I'm making $1,000 payment a month, will have paid off prior to applying for mortgage. Should I definitely get them to have it added to my report or just keep it off? I have made all of my current payments (4 to date) a week or more early. I am contributing exactly $1,000 a month to savings and currently have $26,000 with a $20,000 trust fund that I receive in May when I'm 25. Will have around 50k saved for when me and my wife apply for a mortgage, hoping to get around the 200k range with 20% down, which would leave us a decent savings and continued contributions to savings. What are some other ways I can raise my score positively? Should I get more secured cards? Dodge offered me a secure card with it going unsecured in 15 months if all payments are made on time (I bought a new Dodge in September). Any insight into getting more of these accounts removed? I have successfully removed around 6 accounts already through direct disputes. Sorry such a long post, but I know this is going somewhere good lol!

Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

No input guys and gals?? Looking for guidance!

Got a score alert today, score bumped from 471 to 475 :-) Think my Cap 1 payment may have posted. Realized my utilization is maxed out anyhow until I pay off my charged off First Premier Card. It's counting the $500 charge off towards my utilization and shows up as a past due debt. Plan on paying it off the 15th, 30th of January at the latest. Still looking for your guys input. Also my AAoA is around 4 years I believe. 

Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: No input guys and gals?? Looking for guidance!

You need to clear these debts up before the applying for a mortgage.

You probably took a big hit on your recent lates and charge offs

Capital One: I would send a letter to request a goodwill adjustment.

Verizon: Another recent and within the SOL, I would settle and negociate a PFD.

First Premier: Same as Verizon

Community College: Do you live near the school, can you go to the school directly and talk to someone. BTW-How can you take classes with paying first?

Sprint: Do a PFD, as with all your collection accounts.

I think if you take care of the most recent (CapOne, Verizon, First Premier) you would get a nice bump on your score.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 6
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding my credit, full info,all input appreciated!

How do you owe pizza hut $47 bucks? And did you ever go to any college? I am just wondering if the college you did go to got bought out or merged with this indian hills college.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Verizon I have heard of doing PFD, I will try to call them and see what happens. I haven't heard of 1st Premier doing any PFD, have read a lot of non sense about them. I wikl try but either way will take a settlment for it to say PIF or if no dice will just PIF. The capital one I mat wait at least 6-12 mos of good payments on and then send GW. Pizza hut is for a bad chexk when I was 17. Never went to this school and don't know how I coukd attend without paying. The school is a few miles from m home. Got nowhere on phone.
Message 5 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Thw Pizza Hut one will fall off here soon, can't remember exact date. When I spoke with school on phone they acted as if I was a liar of some sort and were very rude to me. Also stated 1 or 2 out of 4 teachers had me as attending but somehow I got a 0, F, and have no homework grades or proof on file to say I was there. All they told me was go file a fraud at police station. This was from 4 or so years ago I bekieve they had it down as 2009 or 10. Not real interested in filing a meaningless fraud if they can't even produce any evidence that I was even there aside from an application that was filed online a generic bill, and an attendance record where I got marked as attendng. (Know when I went to college a lot of times they just marked everyone as attending with no role call)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.