Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit - questions & advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit - questions & advice

Hi, I'm pretty new to this and like others I'm looking for any help/advice to help get my scores up. I have only pulled my Experian report and I'll post some details about my current status/situation.

Experian Score: 607

Open Credit Card Accounts:

Account / Balance/Total Credit Line

Barclays AU: $1243/$3000

Chase AU: $1000/$5000

CapOne Secured: $0/$550

Closed Accounts:

First Premier Bank: $453/$300 - Still with First Premier Bank

Regional Acceptance (Auto Loan) - Repossessed - Balance $13,065 (Not much I can do about this currently)

Collections:

Verizon - Trident Asset Mgmt - Balance $933

11 hard inquires.

Again this is just my experian account. I will be following up with the other two later. I would like to know what people think about where I should start. My goal is to apply for a mortgage by the end of the year and I'd like to improve my chances of getting approved for something decent the best I can.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit - questions & advice

Do you have late pays too?

ETA: I've recently started my rebuild - Congrats and good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 late payment 30 days on the CapOne
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Can you elaborate on the First Premier account?

They apparently closed the account for being over-limit?

Are you continuing to make the minimum monthly payment?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 

I settled with Trident Asset Management on the collections account for $466 of the $933. They sent me a PIF letter and also extended a courtesy request for removal, although they said they do not have anything in writing that says they do that, so I guess I have to take their word for it.

The First Premier account was an old account I had in my young and stupid days that I never paid on. I sent a letter to them however they emailed me back asking for my updated address and sent me a package with documents validating the account was mine.

Regarding this, should I contact them again and see if I could settle with them on this amount and see what they will do about removal as well?

Thoughts?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.