Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit trying to balance transfer cc's and auto refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit trying to balance transfer cc's and auto refinance

I'm trying to get all my monthly bills down and im trying to get a credit card for balance transfer of a total $10k on four cards. i also want to lower my 9.44% APR Auto Refinance 

So far iv been denied by

chase freedom unlimited, discover personal loan, lightstream auto finance, 

amex everyday, lending club.

My credit score 680

wells fargo $2,500 99% utilization, discover it $6,000 92% util, capital one $2,500 91% util. walmart $3200 39% util. home depot $2,000 0% util.

auto: ally $8,800 and santander auto $14,000

total credit lines: $16,200

should i try some other bank? any suggestions are welcome.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit trying to balance transfer cc's and auto refinance

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to get all my monthly bills down and im trying to get a credit card for balance transfer of a total $10k on four cards. i also want to lower my 9.44% APR Auto Refinance 

So far iv been denied by

chase freedom unlimited, discover personal loan, lightstream auto finance, 

amex everyday, lending club.

My credit score 680

wells fargo $2,500 99% utilization, discover it $6,000 92% util, capital one $2,500 91% util. walmart $3200 39% util. home depot $2,000 0% util.

auto: ally $8,800 and santander auto $14,000

total credit lines: $16,200

should i try some other bank? any suggestions are welcome.

Your UTI is too high on all of those cards, except Home Depot.  It will be very difficult to get a new approval with several cards maxed out,  plus your scores realistically need to be in the 720-740 range.  I would instead focus on getting those balances down which in turn could help facilitate a rise in scores, enabling you to refinance the loans.  Sock drawer the cards for now and work on making those balances more manageable.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I started to get declined for too many inquirys so i gave up. I'll just pay down my bills now

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

working on getting those balances down will definitely help.
for auto refi, I'd look at a CU that's local or you could join. I refi'd with DCU about a year ago. got 3.99% with scores 630-640. They've since moved it down to 2.99. There's more to approval than just score, but could be worth a try
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.