Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit

tag
mitbemi
Established Member

Rebuilding my credit

Somehow No one seems to have any solutions for me.  I am going to write this as short as possible. I was discharged from bankruptcy May 2010.  In January 2013 I got a secured credit card from Wells Fargo. Limit $3000.00.  I did not use it for a few months. My average score was 689. No increase so I used the card and paid it off the same day  I used it. In other words before the statement.  I got an alert saying that my scores had decreased due to my balance on the card had increased by $25.00. 3 points dropped. The $25.00 had come in as a charge for yearly fee. I paid that right away. Next month I got a new alert saying my scores had gone down again 3 points due to inactivity on my card. I started using my card again but I called Fico and Wells Fargo what to do and was told to spend approve. $600.00 and pay when the statement arrived, but not pay the whole thing.  So I bought stuff for $608.00. Now I got an alert saying my scores had decreased 12 points because my balance had increased to $608.00.  When the statement arrived I paid $570.00 and is now left with a balance of $38.00.  I don't want to use my card and I do not want to owe anything but this Fico system will only believe you are a "good" person if you keep buying and paying it on time. Does Fico collaborate with the banks so banks can charge a higher interest?  My average score is now down to 671. For what reason?       Any suggestions?   Are all the stories I read hear at the forum true. They go from 600 to 680 it seems in no time.  Is there anyone else out there who's scores go down for no apparent reason.  Please helo me!

Goal 720
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Rebuilding my credit

Your utilization is based solely on what is reported to the CRAs on the day your FICO score is pulled.  And no FICO and the banks are not in collusion.

Generally, if you only have one card, only let 9% or under report to the CRAs then pay it off before the due date to avoid interest charges.

You can charge what you want but make sure it is 9% or under before it reports which is normally the statement date or a few days later.

Seems the issue you're having is getting it to report at the correct time.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.