Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit

As far as rebuilding my credit. Would I start to rebuild credit if I paid off all of my negative items on my report in collections even if they did not get Removed from my actual report. Or is it that only if you get things actually removed does it start to help your credit. Also would you guys advise that I pay off those items & not even worry about if they were removed or not, or does that not help me any & I would be better off not paying them at all if they are not going to be removed. I'm just confused on the whole process. I want to rebuild my credit. My scores are Tranunion 585c Equifax 539, this is according to credit karma as I don't have my TRUE score. Any help?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit

I've heard conflicting reports as far as paid vs unpaid collections.  If you have the money to pay them off, though, a PFD is the best route to try.

How long until they are removed from your reports by age?

All the while, getting some credit and showing you can handle it well.  The combination of those two things will bring that score right up in just a few months.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of my negative accounts won't come off until 2021. & thanks for the info so far!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I wanted to make one payment to get my credit report pulled from all 3 bureaus which site is a good site to do so? That way I can see all reports at the same time & go from there:
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently just started using myfico.com. I know there is a option on there for 29.95 a month or you can pay for a full year. I just started using it within the last month. There could be better services out there but it's been working for me so far. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

annualcreditreport.com will allow you a free report from all three bureaus once a year.  Can't beat that!

As for keeping on top of things, I like wallethub for TU (daily updates and full report), CK for EQ (weekly updates and full reports), and credit.com for EX (slightly less info but compare it to what you find on annualcreditreport.  The scores aren't FICO but while you're rebuilding they are good indicators that you're doing something right.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.