Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding our credit to buy a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding our credit to buy a home

My boyfriend and I are building and rebuilding our credit in hope to buy a home by the time our 2 year lease is up in 2016. I have a terrible credit hisotry, getting tons of cards when I was 18 and maxing them, I am now 25 and most of them are dropping off. Althought I seem to have a higher credit score. My boyfriend has never had a credit card, has 4 collections accounts which we are working on pay for delete and 3 open account, one medical and two of which are car loans he cosigned on the loans for an ex and her mother.

My question is I am trying to figure out when these car loans will fall off for him:

Account Details 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
annah
Contributor

Re: Rebuilding our credit to buy a home

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like they will fall off May 2016, and July 2015.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm, one fell off, the santander is still on there, is that the one that should fall of this year?

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

hmm, one fell off, the santander is still on there, is that the one that should fall of this year?

You'll need to know the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) to correctly calculate the expiration of the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period).

None of the dates listed mean anything. The date of last payment doesn't necessarily mean the DoFD.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.