Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding progress

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding progress

So i trashed my credit back in the 2008-2009 timeframe... i decided last year to start fixing it. My credit score bottomed out around 490. I started with an auto loan for a new car figured they would approve me because i make 140k a year.. Probably not the best start, but hey i hadnt discovered this forum.
2 months later got a open sky secured credit card. 2 months after that, a usaa secured credit card. 2 months later, traded in my car and bought another one.
Then i discovered this forum. I had a high uti, so end of november i paid them down to almost nothing. Instant jump of 50 points.
December got a capitol one platinum for 300
This month went on a application spree
Wm: 300
Paypal:300
CapOne qs1: 500
CapOne Platinum:500
Utitities Employees CU: 500
On another note i hit the luv button on the CapOne card and they denied me, but the same day approved me for 2 other cards, both with higher limits... go figure....
At any rate, exp 632, eq 632, tu 615
Got a couple baddies left, the chargeoffs all fall off by July, and got a tax lien for 2k from 2010.
Looking for 680+ in another 6 months
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding progress

Welcome! Your on the right track. Stay the course, read and learn from this place every chance you get.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.