Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding question

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Rebuilding question

when does someone consider themselves past the rebuilding stage?  Is it when their scores are about a certain point?  When they have certain prime credit cards with x limits?  When they have no baddies on report "a clean report?"  Just curious I feel I am still in the rebuilding stage just because I have a negative still showing on one of my reports, yet I have numerous prime credit cards with higher limits.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding question

I will consider myself REBUILDING until I have NO BADDIES left on my report (except maybe a late payment or something that can't do anything but age off)

Then I will consider it GROWING - as those late age off - and my new good things age up!

I'll consider myself CURED when I'm over 800 again......Oh those were the days.....

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Tomgon1981 wrote:

when does someone consider themselves past the rebuilding stage?  Is it when their scores are about a certain point?  When they have certain prime credit cards with x limits?  When they have no baddies on report "a clean report?"  Just curious I feel I am still in the rebuilding stage just because I have a negative still showing on one of my reports, yet I have numerous prime credit cards with higher limits.

For me it was when I crossed the 750 Fico stage after removal of my last baddie. It is different for everyone as they all have different goals in mind.

Message 3 of 8
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

That is for me as well that 750 number across the board with no baddies will be me the best rate no matter what I'm looking for so that will be the end of rebuilding in my eyes 

Message 4 of 8
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, it's different for everyone. Even when my baddies are gone I still won't be done rebuilding until I hit a certain score and maintain that score or a range of scores I should say.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tomgon1981 wrote:

Until "you" decide that you are done. For most of us, that means when our reports are clean.

Message 6 of 8
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I'll consider myself done when my reports are clean & I hit low to mid 700's across the board, so at the latest I'm hoping to be done in 2020 haha(assuming I can't get my last baddies GW'd by then).

Message 7 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Clean reports and whatever # "excellent" begins across the board 760?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.