cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding questions, paying off debts, debts falling off after 7 years..

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Rebuilding questions, paying off debts, debts falling off after 7 years..

My husband has a few items on his credit report that should be falling off in the next couple months, one item from National Credit Systems is due to fall off in May (according to his credit report) And an Afni account that is supposed to fall off in March, do these things really just come off? What happens if they dont, what should we do?

We paid a settlement amount on a First Premier cc that was CO in July '12, balance owed was $322, settled for $225, will this affect his score at all? It's my understanding FP won't PFD so GW'ing them is pointless and i'm not wasting my time. But i'm curious of how this will reflect on my husbands CR. We also have an item on there from midland from years ago, like 5-6 years ago. Not sure what to do about that, leave it alone? It was disputed last year because it is his dad's account, they have the same name, but disputing it does no good because it's under his social so it's "verified" we just want these few little collections off so we can start getting the score up to buy a house. We have a repo from 2008 for $7,400 that we obviously can't do anything with beacuse we don't have $7,400 to pay it but that will be the only thing left on his credit after the 2 fall off in a couple months and we pay the 3-4 other small ones, we also have a current car loan i'd like to refinance. We also owe credit protection assoc. for $251 (bright house networks cable bill) that isn't scheduled to fall off until 2015, anyone know if they will do PFD? I'm scared of "waking up sleeping giants" but I want these things gone since we have the $$ to pay them right now.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding questions, paying off debts, debts falling off after 7 years..

If Anfni is paid, send them a good will via email to remove and they will. If you need the email address let me know.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 2 of 8
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

No, none of these are paid. 

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

My husband has a few items on his credit report that should be falling off in the next couple months, one item from National Credit Systems is due to fall off in May (according to his credit report) And an Afni account that is supposed to fall off in March, do these things really just come off? What happens if they dont, what should we do?

We paid a settlement amount on a First Premier cc that was CO in July '12, balance owed was $322, settled for $225, will this affect his score at all? It's my understanding FP won't PFD so GW'ing them is pointless and i'm not wasting my time. But i'm curious of how this will reflect on my husbands CR. We also have an item on there from midland from years ago, like 5-6 years ago. Not sure what to do about that, leave it alone? It was disputed last year because it is his dad's account, they have the same name, but disputing it does no good because it's under his social so it's "verified" we just want these few little collections off so we can start getting the score up to buy a house. We have a repo from 2008 for $7,400 that we obviously can't do anything with beacuse we don't have $7,400 to pay it but that will be the only thing left on his credit after the 2 fall off in a couple months and we pay the 3-4 other small ones, we also have a current car loan i'd like to refinance. We also owe credit protection assoc. for $251 (bright house networks cable bill) that isn't scheduled to fall off until 2015, anyone know if they will do PFD? I'm scared of "waking up sleeping giants" but I want these things gone since we have the $$ to pay them right now.

If your goal is to have the negatives removed and have the money to pay them, send them PFD.  If they agree, that is good.  If not, pay them and then starting sending GW letters.

Message 4 of 8
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

I'm just afraid of the whole "waking the sleeping giant" thing. Also most of these are so old, they're due to fall off in a matter of a couple months or 2 years. The ones that have 2 years left I want to pay, but I would love for them to be deleted. The CA's are Afni, Midland, Credit Proctection Assocation, and National credit systems, or something like that, but that one is supposed to fall off in May, and Afni is supposed to fall off in March or April. I'm planning to leave those 2 alone, but I'm curious how long I should wait before I take action if they don't come off, and what action I should take. And i'm curiouls if anyone has any expierence of PFD with credit protection assoc. and midland that can give me advice. 

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 8
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

5 years, everything is outside the SOL.

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If everything is outside of SOL there are no sleeping giants to wake.  I'd even offer a portion of what is owed and see if they will delete.  They may be glad for any amount of money.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.