Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding slowly but surely

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding slowly but surely

Hello everyone been sometime since I visited this forum and forgot what great advice was on here. So I hit a real bad tough spot a about 7 years ago due to medical and felt like i was going to have everything taken but with determination I raised scores from low 500s to mid 600s within 9 months. After this success I slowed my rebuilding as i thought everything was coming back together and unfortunately I was wrong. Within the two years I keep having old accounts show up on my reports that bring me down or in one case I made a large payment to my Amazon store card and received a 1200 limit decrease for no apparent reason. So now as I my wife and I are getting ready to clean up the house and put it on the market I pulled the credit reports and found a bunch of issues and lower scores (according to creditkarma and creditseasame). 

So right now this is what I have and maybe people can give some advice

three local collection agencies paid and satisfied : Sent a good will letter requesting removal of the medical collection(s)

Calvarey portfolio collection : Paid in full - sent goodwill letter

Barclays bank opened 2010 closed 2012 : Charge off closed, collection , settled less then full (Do i send a good will and if so what do i say?)

Walmart/Sync opened 2011 closed 2012: Charge off closed, collection : They do not show it is paid collection on two of the three credit reports. Sent goodwill letter to CEO received an email and phone call from "Office of the President" denying my request due to "required to report accurately" 

Usbank opened 2011 closed 2012: Charge off, closed, Settled less then full (Do i send a good will and if so what do i say?)

Kay Jewlers Open 2010 closes 2013: Paid closed by credit grantor Shows a 60-89 day late payment 5 years ago sent a goodwill letter

My aaoa is 2 years 9 months which I wish was higher but as you can see i had several accounts close which would have brought me over the 5 year mark 

Anythoughts or suggestions on dealering with the above baddies?

Currently my credit profile is

550s score currently aveage on all three credit reports

Mortgage = 7 years (missed 11 payments since 2013 sent a goodwill letter as I have always responsibly paid the payments)

Amazon/Sync= 2 years 6 months old no missed payments $250 Credit Limit (was 1400 but they cut my limit stating "due to a missed mortgage payment we chose to decrese your limit)

Cabelas Club Visa= $2000 limit no missed payments 1 year 9 monthsold

Credit One Bank = $950 limit no missed payments 2 years 6 months old (really dislike this card due to fees)

Lending Club = Personal Loan 

One Main = Secured loan on vehicle title

Fingerhut $3,200 limit 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding slowly but surely

is Barclys reading paid as agreed on your CR?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

no it reports as "in collection/charge off" as status but remarks are "collection,charge off settle paid off less than full"

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So morgatge company denied my good will adjustment stating they had to report accuratley. Synchrony called me again (trie a few more emails) and once again said they were unable to do anything in regards to report by law they have to report accuratley. So Now i wait for a responce from the collectors and the auto loan currently. Anybody have any insights or advice.

Thanks in advance 

nick

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man I have received no good wills. As of now we I have receieved a decline from Morgatge lender, Synchrony, Calvary Portfolio, and I beleave the local collection agencys (havent seen or heard from them). Everybody provides the same responce of "We have to report accuratly"

Nick

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.