cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding...thats why I'm here....Guidance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding...thats why I'm here....Guidance?

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to start off by saying that this site is a real Godsent, just in the reading i've learned so much...though I'm still very much a novice at this whole thing. I'm still young but at the point in my life, that I'm trying to bounce back from some bad experiences that happened when i was like 19-20. Now that Its about time to start looking into buying a house, nicer car, etc. So I've got a few listings, and any guidance i can do to try to get any of this removed would be awesome. From what i'm reading, sounds like i'll be writing n alot of GW's and hoping for the best.  But here's my Situation...

Toyota Financial - went to collections, was paid, still on as a charge off. ; acct closed

2 medical bills - also went to collections, and were paid; accts closed

hsbc best buy credit card was closed; it was paid after they had closed it;

verizon wirelesss account - went to collections, was paid; that acct is closed though i have a new verizon account now

capital one - reports a single 60 day late charge; account still open and under 10%

and fireside bank, has 3x 30day lates and a 60; Account was paid satisfactory and closed.

i also have an open car loan thats in good standing right now and another that was paid satisfacory.

My report also says a reason for my score is a low credit limit, but with all of the stuff on my record (even with a CS of 630-650 (Depending on which company) am having a hard time getting something to open that up.Again any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm still trying to understand all of this stuff.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Psylence
Established Member

Re: Rebuilding...thats why I'm here....Guidance?

Hey Night!

Welcome to the boards, I am new as well..

Although I cannot offer any advice as I am seeking some myself lol

I wish you the very best and hope that we can soon tell our stories in the future with some great news!

Good Luck!

Dec 2011 Scores:
TransUnion FICO Score: 603
Experian FICO Score: 594

March '11:
TransUnion FICO Score: 617
Experian FICO Score: 605

GOAL: 700 Club by June 2011 or earlier
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Toyota - it should be reporting as a paid CO. Try sending a GW letter asking them to remove any CO references and/or lates.

Medical - if paid to the medical office, then consider the HIPAA process (google HIPAA process for more info). Otherwise send a GW to the CA(s) asking them to delete.

HSBC BB - do nothing if not reporting any lates. "Closed by credit grantor" comment isn't a negative comment.

VZW - send some GWs.

CapOne - if still open, then send a GW.

Fireside - when were the lates? If this was one of your oldest TLs, I'd be afraid to send anything to them on the offchance they might delete instead. Generally speaking, 30 day lates stop impacting you after a couple years and 60 days impact considerably less after 2 yrs.

Keep paying the car note.

Check the source of your scores. FICO scores are only available in a finite number of places. Other than myFICO.com, you can also get your EQ FICO from Equifax.com (very difficult to find on their website...make sure it says "FICO") or from your lender. Other than myFICO.com, you can also get your TU FICO from transunioncs.com (note the -cs) and from your lender. Finally, as of last year, Experian no longer allows consumers to pull their own EX FICO score, but you can get it from your lender or on your checking statement if you happen to have a checking account with a CU in PA called PSECU. Any other score from any other source are not FICO scores, but a knock-off we call FAKOs.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thank you so much!!

For Fireside The lates were in mid 2008. The whole account was opened in...June of 06 I believe.

When writing the GW's whom do I send them out to, a particular person in the company? Send it to multiple people within the company? And if so, are there any good resources to find addresses and whatnot for those individuals? Also--- would you suggest email? Or written letter?

ALso---where would i get my full account numbers? The credit report I have has the last 4 of each account number as "XXXX"

Thanks again!!

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome thank you so much!!

For Fireside The lates were in mid 2008. The whole account was opened in...June of 06 I believe.

When writing the GW's whom do I send them out to, a particular person in the company? Send it to multiple people within the company? And if so, are there any good resources to find addresses and whatnot for those individuals? Also--- would you suggest email? Or written letter?

ALso---where would i get my full account numbers? The credit report I have has the last 4 of each account number as "XXXX"

Thanks again!!

For Fireside, the 60 is still hurting a fair amount. If this is one of your newest accounts, relatively speaking, then I'd try it. Sometimes a creditor will opt to delete the entire TL instead of removing the lates alone when sending a GW. Sometimes an old deleted account will hurt your FICO scores more when deleted as opposed to just keeping it and having the lates show.

All my GWs, to start, were sent to the exact same address listed on my CRs and were addressed to "Dear Sir or MAdam". Other addresses to try are listed within your creditors' websites, within their SEC filing info, if public, and even within the privacy policy on their websites. Or even call. IMO, snail mail will have better results. So many on here spend sooo much time trying to find that one perfect e-mail, when a letter could have resulted in positive results sooner. I'm not saying NOT to e-mail, but try sending off a round of letters and then look for e-mails while you wait. I would avoid sending letters to specific individuals to start.

Try pulling your CRs directly from the CRAs. You can get all 3 for free via annualcreditreport.com. Those should list the full acct numbers.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So upon further digging, I have a couple of other issues that came up...1. none of my CR's have the full account info. Is there a workaround for that? I may have old documentation for a couple of accounts, but I'm deployed and can't get to em right now. But 1 or 2 of them I know i have NOTHING for. and 2. most of the addresses listed on the CR's are different than the other. Should I send GW's to each? I know these probably sound like stupid questions but I just want to make sure everything is good to go. Y"know?

Message 6 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So upon further digging, I have a couple of other issues that came up...1. none of my CR's have the full account info. Is there a workaround for that? I may have old documentation for a couple of accounts, but I'm deployed and can't get to em right now. But 1 or 2 of them I know i have NOTHING for. and 2. most of the addresses listed on the CR's are different than the other. Should I send GW's to each? I know these probably sound like stupid questions but I just want to make sure everything is good to go. Y"know?

Most third party sites like MYFICO do not have all the information in regards to your account. You would have to obtain them direct from each CRA and or your free yearly CR you obtain from annualcreditreport.com.

Your addresses are updated to the CRA according to what you have on your accounts with your creditors/lenders. If the address is wrong then you need to correct this with all your creditors/lenders since each time they report they report the address they have on file. No GW needed to correct address information. Just have to call them and fix it. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appologize for being unclear--- I meant the Lenders Addresses were different in the CR's  liek for instance, On all 3 CR's (which I did get form annualcreditreport, still all xxxx's at the end) Verizon Wireless had 3 Different addresses for THEIR addresses. My address is correct. I was wondering which of those to mail to GW to, or all 3?

Message 8 of 10
tekguy2k1
Established Member

Hey Nightsoftherose,

Annualcreditreport.com is where I received my reports with the full account number and information.  Also,  I replied to your PM with the fireside info that worked for me.  Just remember, be honest with them as I have found that to be most effective.  I have had 4 accts (1 CO, 3 Collections) deleted in the last 2 weeks using this method.

Best of luck!!

Message 9 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

IMO I would mail to one address and give it time for a response (30-45 days) and if no response or negative response try using the next address and repeat the process. Some may say to just send to all 3 at same time but I feel that it may have the chance to backfire on you which is my opinion. 

As far as the account numbers then you would need to purchase through the CRA's directly for the full account number. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.