Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding with secured card

tag
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

Rebuilding with secured card

hey guys. i have a question. so i paid off my charged off account as well as one of my cc's that were closed by grantor. i have a citi bank credit card that was closed but i am current on it right now balance was over $4000 it is now $2300. i am going to be paying another $500 on it to bring it down more also i am on a payment plan for this card to lear it. i currently have a first premier bank card and i have 2 cards that i am an AU on. once the accounts that were charged off and closed show as paid on my credit report. also i got my sutdent loan current as well. i am thinking about getting the BOA secured card and putting around $700 on it what are the chances i get approved for it or should i attempt going with another secured card? my score is 550 transunion fico

thanks 

Anthony

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Rebuilding with secured card

What's your Experian score because that's who they pull. Below is a link I posted awhile back that my help.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Bank-Of-America-Secured-Card-Requirements/m-p...

Message 2 of 8
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

i do not have it with myfico i think last time i checked on the freecreditreport.com it was a 580 for experian. does it matter about the charge offs. i do have a lot of late payments on my accounts. but right now everything is current or paid

Message 3 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

See my edited post with link.
Message 4 of 8
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

i should be ok since all my charge offs are paid

Message 5 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Go for it!
Message 6 of 8
Bigtonyp24
Contributor

what do you guys think. would it be possible for me to get approved for it? im just waiting for my credit report to update with the cap one charge off to show that it was settled. i feel i meet the requirements

Message 7 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I settled an account with them in 2007 (which is due to fall off anyway) and they granted me the secured card. So I say, try it. Remember, you have 80 days or so to pay the initial asking deposit so you're good if you don't have between 99$ to 500$ up front. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.