cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding yet again, but I'm determined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
SHAI
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding yet again, but I'm determined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO my goal is to bring my scores up from a 513-TU and 456-EQ to at least a 620 within the next 6 months. I recently graduated from nursing school in August but fell behind on some CC payments while in school. I'm determined to get back on track. I currently have 2 collection accounts EOS for $497 and RPM for $742 I have a 60day late on my Walmart and 1st Premier cards and my UTL is outrageous @110%. I plan on getting UTL below 10% and trying PFD on the 2 collections. If this is done do you think I can bring my scores back up. I have 3 other CC all current with no lates and student loans in deferment.

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding yet again, but I'm determined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the same boat. Rebuilt back in 2004 after many years in the crapper because of being stupid when I was young. Went without credit cards for many years (15+) simply because I didnt have credit. Bought my first house (just barely) last year and the credit card apps just kept coming. Now I have found myself with seven credit cards that are maxed out. Thankfully none of the credit limits are greater than $700, but also owe $1500 to a collection agency. Anyway, I have entered a debt management plan and my goal is to be debt free by the end of next year.

I think if you stick to your plan you'll be in good shape. Good luck!!

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send those PFDs out and get your util down.  Make your payments on time and watch your CR like a hawk.  You should be able to do it.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@SHAI wrote:

@Anonymous my goal is to bring my scores up from a 513-TU and 456-EQ to at least a 620 within the next 6 months. I recently graduated from nursing school in August but fell behind on some CC payments while in school. I'm determined to get back on track. I currently have 2 collection accounts EOS for $497 and RPM for $742 I have a 60day late on my Walmart and 1st Premier cards and my UTL is outrageous @Anonymous%. I plan on getting UTL below 10% and trying PFD on the 2 collections. If this is done do you think I can bring my scores back up. I have 3 other CC all current with no lates and student loans in deferment.

i had my score jumb nicely about 100 points in a few months. That's not hard . Just try your best and working real hard on it.

1.Everything take time so you had to be very patient....

2 collection : Sent them Pay for delete which you had to sent them letter to ask if they can delete your negative trade line if you paid them off. They also call it good will just google it and you would see them all......But remember to get their letter first before you start paid anything with collection....Also sent by Certified mail return receipt....keep it as your own record......

3. Goodwill for your late with Walmart and 1st.....Dont give up so easy......ppl might had to sent more than 10 letter to get it goodwill......

4. Paid all of your utili down under 9%.

Pull your credit score again and see how much they increase after you do all that....Good luck...

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 5
SHAI
Regular Contributor

Thank's, I tried to goodwill walmart and was denied but I'm going to continue. 1st Premier is horrible and don't seem to want to budge but I'm going to be persistent. I should have my UTL below 10% by December, I will provide an update soon.

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.