cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilt Everything Possible - Any Chances of Score Increases in Next Couple Years?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Rebuilt Everything Possible - Any Chances of Score Increases in Next Couple Years?

Hi All,  

As several people are aware here, from giving me great advice and assistance, I have been in rebuild mode for about the last year and half or so.  I am at a point now where it is very likely that I have done everything I can.  I just need to let time heal the wounds.  My baddies are a foreclosure and a credit card settlement from about three years ago.  All other issues I have been able to get corrected or GW'd.  I have had less than 1% util for about a year now.  I only have one Inq that is under a year old, and it will turn one year in about two months.  

My Fico 8 scores have been pretty much stuck at what you see below (730 range) for about the last three to four months.  I am VERY thankful that my scores are where they are now given the ugliness of about three years ago, however I am wondering if anyone has any experience in similar situations that would indicate if there is any chance I could see any point increases over the next year or two, or is this about as good as it gets with two major baddies showing.  These two baddies will fall off in about three years, however I am hoping that perhaps some points can be had between now and then.  I'd love to hit the 740's, if at all possible.  

Appreciate any thoughts in regard to files that have been squeaky clean for about three years, but have baddies prior to that.  

Thank you!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilt Everything Possible - Any Chances of Score Increases in Next Couple Years?

Your scores are very good now.  I was under the impression that 720 was generally where 'very good' credit starts, and you are already there.

If you dont have an installment loan, you might consider adding that.  Even a very small loan like 500 counts and I would let it pay over at least 24 to 36 months to nurture the point gain.  Interest cost should be neglible.

More age on your baddies will help.  Most important, no new baddies, and you are already doing that.

I would just garden and maybe look for an occcasional CLI if you wanted it.

HTH

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.