Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receivables Performance Collection Removal

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Receivables Performance Collection Removal

So, about a week ago, I had a smooth +60 point jump after a successful removal of LVNV Funding from my credit report, thanks in part to the great folks here at myFico.com

But the happyness was short-lived. Yesterday, I checked my score via CreditKarma.com who is now reporting that I lost 44 points yesterday after "RCVL PER MNG" reported a "In Collections" status on my credit report. The only thing I can think this could be, after researching a bit, is an old T-Mobile bill from 2006. What's even more ironic is that this disappeared back on any of my reports to the best of my knowledge back in 2010, so for it to resurface two years later is puzzling.

The amount is in collections for $454. Is there any suggestions on how to have this removed from my credit report. I was looking real good at near 600 points for this one to ironically appear out of nowhere. I'm kind of curious because I heard a few people state that LVNV and RPM are somehow relevant to each other. Isn't it ironic I have one removed from LVNV that RPM pulls out another collections on me that has been disappeared almost two years?

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Receivables Performance Collection Removal

What were the facts surrounding the original removal of the collection?

If it was based on a dispute, and that led to the deletion, then ANY party (not just the furnisher subject to the dispute) must follow the specific provisions of FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) to get the information reinserted, which begins with their filing of a certification of accuracy, and requires the CRA to accept that certification and provide you written notice of the reinsertion.

If the information was deleted as the result of a prior dispute and you never received a reinsertion notice from the CRA, then the reinsertion would be in violation of FCRA 611(a)(5)(B), and I would file a complaint directly with the CRA.

However, if the information was not deleted as the result of a prior dispute, there are no reinsertion restrictions.

Message 2 of 6
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

I'm sort of lost as to where your going. Honestly, I can't remember if I disputed and had it deleted or not, but the account disappeared from all of my reports in 2010 I believe. I cannot remember if I disputed it or not. None-the-less, I just find it awkward that the account disappeared magically, then pops back up two years later on my reports, subsequently following a LVNV removal a few days ago.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 3 of 6
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Have you been applying for credit anywhere lately? Have you opted out on your reports? I know CA have some sort of alarm set off when someone owes them and they will start the process over. It happened with my mortgage. Everyone came out the woodwork saying I owed them money once I started applying for a mortgage. I had to get this stuff PFD before I got approved for a mortgage.

I was given the advice that my credit file should have been locked by me and I opt out to everyone who wants access to my report

On another note RPM just put a collection from sprint on my account. I payed the same day and had correspondence with sprint to pfd. They told me once I paid them(sprint) then they would give me a confirmation number to give to RPM and tell them to delete. I got this in writing and sent it off to RPM. This was a week ago so I am waiting for a response

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Receivables Performance Collection appeared on my CR, they were reporting a zombie debt, a quick dispute and they were removed.  Hope this gives you some hope...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there kmason,

I just received an e-mail tonight from CreditKarma that my cr had a new account.  After checking, it appears this same company RPC is reporting an account in collections, and trying for a non-existent debt.  How did you quickly dispute and get them removed?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.