cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Call From Attorney's Office Today... Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Call From Attorney's Office Today... Help!

I did not give them any bank account information.
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I tried to send a PFD letter to the original collection agency (portfolio recovery associates) They responded telling me that I would have to speak to the attorneys office that the account was in their hands. I responded asking who currently owns the debt... They responded today saying that Portfolio Recovery Associates owned the debt. Read below. 1st email response: On Feb 6, 2012, at 2:32 PM, edited <************@portfoliorecovery.com> wrote: Account #  ***********   Your email has been received and noted. This account is currently handled by an outside attorney office. For additional account information or to discuss payment/settlement  options please contact the office listed below:   Wright and Lerch 2001 Reed Road Suite 100 Fort Wayne,  IN  46815 Telephone:  260-423-6655     ****** ********** Assistant Vice President Portfolio Recovery Associates This communication is from a debt collector My response: Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 4:28 PM To: ***** ******* Subject: Re: PRA Contact Form   ****,   It seems as though this office is acting as a debt collector and not an attorneys office. Who currently owns this debt from account # **************?   Their final response: PRA  currently owns  the debt  but  it has been assigned  to  the attorney.  They will work to resolve the account if they can rather than  pursue other avenues.  If you can work out a pay plan with them it would be to your advantage.

Edited to remove a name - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry moderator! I honestly thought I had removed all of the personal information.
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got attorneys sending me letters and I have half a mind to pay them a visit in person since they're about ten miles away from me in order to get the deal done. Dumb idea?
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.