cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Letter from Midland Credit Management about Arbitration being filed against me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Letter from Midland Credit Management about Arbitration being filed against me.

Thanks so much guys!! I almost started crying when i found this letter. I'll keep you guys posted.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Letter from Midland Credit Management about Arbitration being filed against me.

I would send a C&D to the arbitrator- CMRRR
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim,

Appreciate it.

Hey could you shoot me the link with all the abbreviations? lol

So i can stop asking what each means?

C&D?
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the link.

but, C&D was not on the list. lol

what does it mean?
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cease and desist
Message 17 of 18
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I HOPE THIS IS NOT TOO LATE. 3 YEARS AGO MIDLAND SENT ME A LETTER STATING THE AMOUNT I OWED THEM ($1036).I CALLED THE NUMBER ON THE LETTER AND THE CUSTOMER REP TOLD ME THIS DEBT WAS FROM VERIZON BUT SHE DID NOT KNOW HOW LONG IT HAD BEEN IN THERE OFFICE. AFTER THAT PHONE CALL MIDLAND CALLED ME EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS...SO I CALLED VERIZON TO CONFIRM THIS DEBT WAS SOLD TO MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY COULD NOT VALIDATE THIS DEBT ANYMORE DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PAST DUE OVER 4 YEARS. HOWEVER AS FAR AS VERIZON WAS CONCERNED  I DID NOT OWE THEM ANY MONEY BUT THEY WERE REPORTING IT AS A CHARGEOFF... WOW!  A MONTH AFTER I RECEIVED THE MIDLAND LETTER... I FILED 2 COMPLAINTS AGAINST VERIZON AND MIDLAND TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSIOM/ UNFAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES... 3 MONTHS LATER WHEN I CHECKED MY CREDIT REPORTS... NO VERIZON OR MIDLAND ON ANY OF THEM. I HAVE'NT HEARD FROM THEM SINCE...MY TIP FOR YOU WOULD BE TO WORK THEM HARD. FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE FTC/FAIR DEBT COLLECTION. THEN THEY WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE. 
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.