cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a MCM letter, can anyone make sense of it? Did anyone else get it?

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Received a MCM letter, can anyone make sense of it? Did anyone else get it?

So I believe this is related to the lawsuit that was filed against MCM few months ago, and I had signed up using the old cell phone number thinking I didnt qualify because I didnt get the postcard. But apparently I did get it later on. 

Just yesterday I received this letter regarding the same lawsuit. Anyone else get it? What is the best course of action on this?

Scan-Jul-9,-2016,-10.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received a MCM letter, can anyone make sense of it? Did anyone else get it?

Haven't gotten that letter yet.  As far as I'm concerned, Midland can keep the $$$ if they remove the tradeline.  Sounds as if they are only reducing your debt, not eliminating it. What is the point of a class action lawsuit if they only get a slap on the wrist.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It seems self-explanatory.

You either send them a simple statement that you still contest owing a debt, or you do not.

Message 3 of 6
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

What's the point of that letter? Everything they had on me has dropped off. One that they recently added which they sent a letter saying I don't have any financial obligations for that and other one dropped off last year. Even if they have sold it to someone it is close to exclusion and so unless JDB buys it I have no idea what this letter is going to do?

P.S. Robert you and I joined this site 5 days apart.
Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

There really doesn't seem to be a lot to this and is kind of simple as Robert said. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The point of the letter is how they are requried under the settlement agreement to handle authorized claims for damages.

It has nothing to do with credit reporting.

They have differing accountings based on whether or not the debt is acknowledged as legit.

If the consumer contests the debt, they take accounting path 1.

However, if the consumer does not contest the debt, they take accounting path 2.

You are not giving up any rights if you respond. 

I would simply respond if you wish to make a statement that you do not owe any debt.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.