Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received call from Stellar Recovery

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Received call from Stellar Recovery

I am debating on paying it with an agreement that they not report, ever to avoid it being reported at all.  This is the first collection agency ever come after this debt, has 4 more years that it CAN be collected on based on DOFD and I just dont want to keep going through the drama. 

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you want to do that, don't send the DV.  Once a cease collection bar is in place they can't take money until the validate.  If they don't validate you can't pay them.

I would contact them and ask if they would do a pay for not reporting.

Message 12 of 15
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

So I just called and paid it. 

I recorded the conversation and informed them that it was being recorded per FLA law, did this in case they went back on their word as they stated that they do not have an email that would fit what I wanted it to say.

They stated that they cannot report if it is paid within 30 days of them having the debt, it was paid within that time.  Rather that is their true or not they said it wouldn't be reported being that I have the recorded convo if they do then I will file suit against them.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 13 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 14 of 15
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

I hate it when family members do this crap!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.