cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received dunning letter from Midland, what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received dunning letter from Midland, what to do?

I'm thinking I should DV still, but I only fear they will not respond and then report. I've read horror stories on here about Midland's failure to respond to DV letters. I'm hoping I can use my states laws for some more back fire if need be.

Thank you for your help.

v/r
JShidell

If they do this, it is a violation and you should sue the pants off of them! I would happily pay them using their own money, won in a court of law, resulting from their own violations.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received dunning letter from Midland, what to do?

Yes, just modify the PFD letter.

I would write in bold.....If the offer is not accepted within 15 days, the offer will be withdrawn and you will request full debt validation as allowed by FDCPA.
I think the PFD includes this, but make certain.

You can offer to pay their settlement amount.

@JShidell wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I would DV, it is your right.

In the meantime, if you can PIF, you might offer a pay for not reporting, if you agree with the debt.

However, from experience, Midland will take the last paragraph in the DV letter "please communicate only in writing, not by telephone" as a cease and desist letter.

I can PIF with no problem, but how do I go about writing a 'pay for not reporting' letter? Do I just take a standard PFD letter and modify it? I've never written one before.

Also do I PIF in Full or use their settlement amount? Their settlement amount is 40% less.

I'm thinking I should DV still, but I only fear they will not respond and then report. I've read horror stories on here about Midland's failure to respond to DV letters. I'm hoping I can use my states laws for some more back fire if need be.

Thank you for your help.

v/r
JShidell

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.