Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received response from PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received response from PFD

I received a response today from a CA about a PFD letter I sent. I wanted to check with you before I continue. The wording on their agreement says: "Payments by personal check will be posted upon receipt, however, the account will not be coded as "settled" until your check clears the back, or 21 days have expired." 

This doesn't sound to me like they are going to delete the account from my credit... Am I correct in my thinking here? 

Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received response from PFD

It doesn't mean they aren't going to delete, but they certainly don't specify in the letter that they are going to delete.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I guess I should try again, to see if they will send me another letter saying it will be deleted?

Thanks 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I guess I should try again, to see if they will send me another letter saying it will be deleted?

Thanks 

correct. unless they commit IN WRITING to deletion, don't send any money.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree,  All they have agreed to do is to post the account as PIF.  Paid OC, CO, or CA accounts remain in your CR, with only one exception.  The only exception that I am aware of is if an OC assigned an account for collectiion, but then later accepted a PIF agreeement with the consumer.  Then the OC must pull back the CA, and the CA is then required to delete.

I would make one final attempt to contact and settle with the OC.  They may not want to even talk to you, but if you can settle with the OC, that would requrie the CA to delete, and only leave the OC derogs in your CR.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.