Regular Contributor
Ceejay1978

Received settlement offer from CA that isn't reporting yet, should I DV?

[ Edited ]
I just got a letter from Alliance One for a Citibank LOC that I had.  The amount owed is $3157 but AO has me for $4200!  offereing me a lump sum settlement of some retarded amount.  Something like 2400 (like i got that laying around.  BUT they are not on my credit report!  Should I DV them anyway?

Edited to change message subject line after splitting the post off into a new thread. -sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-15-2008 08:18 AM
Scores as of 5/3/2011

EQ - 577
EX - 639 !!!
TU - 579
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received settlement offer from CA that isn't reporting yet, should I DV?

Hello Ceejay,

I split your post off into a new thread by itself. This way your question would get more exposure.

As for DV'ing, is this debt past SOL? What is DOLA and DOFD? You can find SOL here -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
Ceejay1978

Re: Received settlement offer from CA that isn't reporting yet, should I DV?

Thank you very much Sidewinder.  Im pretty sure its within SOL.  The LOC was granted in 12/2004 and due to some mixup with my account and them not switching it over the last payment to Citi in regards to that account was 4/2006.  But im gonna look at the SOL anyway.

Thanks
Scores as of 5/3/2011

EQ - 577
EX - 639 !!!
TU - 579

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+