Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent revelation on the plight of debtors

tag
User273165
Regular Contributor

Recent revelation on the plight of debtors

When I began on this forum a year ago I had scores in the low 500's. After a substantial amount of money and hours of writing letter I have gotten my credit back to where it needs to be.

I am currently in the process of going through a mortgage loan and this process has showed me how truly difficult it is to live in this country with bad credit!

This revelation came to me as I was setting up my new electric account. They had to run my credit to determine the amount of money I had to put down as a security deposit. As soon as they did this it was like a light turned on in my head.

With bad credit you pay higher interest rates, annual fees, late payment fees, security deposits, etc....

How is anyone supposed to get ahead in this world if they made a few mistakes in their past? I am not being sympathetic to people who just decided not to pay their bills and spend money elsewhere. I am sympathetic of people who incur a job loss or medical injury and are not able to pay the bills.

For everyone on this forum, you guys and gals are amazing and hrlp people through some very tough times!!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Recent revelation on the plight of debtors

I have always questioned why the necessities in life aren't considered. Yeah, I was underemployed and lost income into my home so I defaulted on my cards. But ask my Landlord if I was ever late with rent, call the electric company and ask them how many times I missed that payment. Never. Cause that's what ends up happening. The reason being is, credit is a privilege, a privilege to those that are priveleged. Some might say you just have to be responsible, but I was a responsible adult that had to feed my children. I had no idea what was going to happen to me and it did. Some people can just say "mommy daddy I lost my job please cover these bills", but the bronze spoon kids have to go through this.

I personally am thankful for the last few years. Hell, I could probably become a loan officer just off of what I have learned on this Forum alone. I was schooling one today in fact and it was all knowledge from here. Great people here.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.