Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Recently added charge off account

I need some help, I just got an alert letting me know that an charge off account was just added to my Ex credit report so I want to know when it will come off. This account was paid off a very long time but I don't remember exactly when I paid it...Im freaking out because it was never on my report till now and my score went down like 50 points Smiley Frustrated

Payment status: Charge off

Account Type: Retail Card

Date Open: 05/01/2007

Last Updated: 07/01/2013

and on the little boxes on the bottom with the months listed it had July 2013 FP (Failure to Pay)

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Re: Recently added charge off account

When you say the account was paid off, do you mean you settled/paid with the OC?
Epic Contributor

The charge-off will become excluded from the reported account no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency on the OC account, after which the account was not brought back into good standing prior to their taking of the charge off.

What is the DOFD on the account?

The reporting of the account itself has no specific required deletion date.  It will deleted if requested by the creditor, or after closed for approx ten years, by the CRA.

Once the charge off is excluded, the reporting can in fact help, as it will then show postivie with an old opening date.

Valued Contributor

I had a charge off from USAA from 2006. When I started paying attention to my credit report I realized what damage had been done. I sent multiple GW letters to USAA and they removed it from my CR. I would highly suggest GW letters until they take it off. Its not like they can do any worse to you. 

NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
New Contributor

Lexie I settled with the OC 

Senior Contributor

The OC just listed their TL saying Failure To Pay?

New Contributor

azguy I've tried GW a few times and never heard anything a while back before it was even on EX...And Robert the account doesnt tell me when the DOFD was so I have no idea.

Epic Contributor

tictoc wrote:

azguy I've tried GW a few times and never heard anything a while back before it was even on EX...And Robert the account doesnt tell me when the DOFD was so I have no idea.

You will need to pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRAs to find it.

You could call the CRAs and has them what the FCRA Compliance Date is also.

New Contributor

When I pull my reports this is the only dates it shows

Date Opened: 
05/2007
Date of Status: 
07/2013
Reported Since: 
07/2013
Last Reported Date: 
07/2013

Type: 
Charge Card
Terms: 
N/A 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$800
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
$0
Recent Payment: 
$0

Senior Contributor

Which report are you pulling and from where?

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.