Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently denied a mortgage, in need of some tips

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Recently denied a mortgage, in need of some tips

I am confused. You say that your BK was filed in Oct 2005 and was a chapter 7, but that it is not discharged yet? Do you mean it is not coming off from your report yet?? The discharge should have been received years ago. That being said, if this was a debt which was included in your BK then it is being reported correctly. While a Public Record of a Chapter 7 BK can remain on your record up to 10 years, the associated accounts (like the one you mentioned) should come off after 7 years.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 31 of 35
maliblue34

@krielly wrote:

I am confused. You say that your BK was filed in Oct 2005 and was a chapter 7, but that it is not discharged yet? Do you mean it is not coming off from your report yet?? The discharge should have been received years ago. That being said, if this was a debt which was included in your BK then it is being reported correctly. While a Public Record of a Chapter 7 BK can remain on your record up to 10 years, the associated accounts (like the one you mentioned) should come off after 7 years.

crap! Im sorry, I used the wrong terminology!  Yes I meant the BK isnt scheduled to come off of my CR yet.  I was just wondering why this is the only still left on my CR.

Message 32 of 35
maliblue34

Im so pissed, I just looked at the denial letter  from Chase( Was in denial about the denial..lol) I noticed one of the reasons was "too many inquiries in the last 12 months" Now I only applied for 2 things, I tried to get pre-approved Last July, and then I tried again a this April. However I noticed there is another inquiry this year from a collections agency and I DID NOT authorize them to pull my CR!

Message 33 of 35
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@maliblue34 wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:
You should be able to the call the CR that is reporting this and dispute it over the phone saying it is past the CRTP (Credit reporting time period). Or dispute online. Or in writing.

OR, call the company reporting it, and do a direct dispute with them to get it removed.

I had an 05 BK and many other things, and I never thought I'd buy a house. I found this forum last May and closed Last August. You can do it. Try and PFD that charge off if you can.

But my bankcruptcy isnt scheduled to be discharged yet.. 

I thought you were talking about a specific account that was included in the bankruptcy. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 34 of 35
maliblue34

@Booner72 wrote:

@maliblue34 wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:
You should be able to the call the CR that is reporting this and dispute it over the phone saying it is past the CRTP (Credit reporting time period). Or dispute online. Or in writing.

OR, call the company reporting it, and do a direct dispute with them to get it removed.

I had an 05 BK and many other things, and I never thought I'd buy a house. I found this forum last May and closed Last August. You can do it. Try and PFD that charge off if you can.

But my bankcruptcy isnt scheduled to be discharged yet.. 

I thought you were talking about a specific account that was included in the bankruptcy. 

I was....you said that i can tell them its past the CRTP.. but my BK was 10/05, so Im confused. 

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.