cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieved a NO on PFD. Whats my next move?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recieved a NO on PFD. Whats my next move?

response back from CA:

DEar rob,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Our client is not willing to accept 1,200 as settlement on acct. However we will apply any payments recieved on an unconditional basis. ?<------  The Balance is due and owing. Please send payment in full.  

I almost expected this one to come back "no" first time becaue the local CA just started reporting the debt back in 08' but the original debt is from march 2006. Im thinking about doing DV but i know the debt is mine.

I went on temporary duty(TDY) orders  March 1-31st 2006 which made me active duty and then in April 2006 i went on full time orders til OCT. 2007 for my deployment overseas.

Should i try another PFD or do a DV? Im pretty sure if anything they would at least have to go back and adjust interest rates and original charges to what they were before i got deployed per soldiers and sailors relief act. I  just not sure how i should word it.

Message Edited by MosesRob on 02-26-2009 12:43 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: PFD no first time

Tell them:

I fought for your FREEDOM to sit there like a FAT CAT behind that over blown size of a desk with an even moreso overgrown ego because you think you can dictate the future of others in the swipe of a pen or a dial of a number.

Get off your fat lazy arse & do the right thing for once in your miserable non-existant life.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Signed,

A US Soldier with excellent weapons skills. Smiley Very Happy

That ought to get his attention...doncha think??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do like that response but i think that may be percieved as a threat.Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I do like that response but i think that may be percieved as a threat.Smiley Wink

I know...I just couldn't help myself.  I can just see the big fat guy behind the desk....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recieved a NO on PFD. Whats my next move?

bump for the night crowd.

I just recieved this response yesterday. some solid advice would be appreciated so i can counter back with something.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is 1200 the full amount owed?

Is this beyond SOL?

MosesRob wrote:

response back from CA:

DEar rob,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Our client is not willing to accept 1,200 as settlement on acct. However we will apply any payments recieved on an unconditional basis.

Sounds to me that you owe more than $1200 and they are not willing to accept $1200 as PIF and are not willing to "make a deal" to get you to pay. 

?<------  The Balance is due and owing. Please send payment in full.  

I almost expected this one to come back "no" first time becaue the local CA just started reporting the debt back in 08' but the original debt is from march 2006. Im thinking about doing DV but i know the debt is mine.

I went on temporary duty(TDY) orders  March 1-31st 2006 which made me active duty and then in April 2006 i went on full time orders til OCT. 2007 for my deployment overseas.

Should i try another PFD or do a DV? Im pretty sure if anything they would at least have to go back and adjust interest rates and original charges to what they were before i got deployed per soldiers and sailors relief act. I  just not sure how i should word it.

Message Edited by MosesRob on 02-26-2009 12:43 PM

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is 1200 the full amount owed?

Is this beyond SOL?

Sounds to me that you owe more than $1200 and they are not willing to accept $1200 as PIF and are not willing to "make a deal" to get you to pay. 

The full amount $2100, the original amount was around 1200 when i first went to collections in march 2006. The SOL for idaho is 5 yrs for written contract, it was a lease.  So no its still falls into SOL

Edit: i think my time of service should play in somehow no? Or should i go for the Pay in full?

Message Edited by MosesRob on 02-26-2009 04:19 PM
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^should i just say screw it and counter back with a PIF PFD?
Message 8 of 14
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I thought that if you broke your lease because you were called to active duty you were exempt from any fees?

You may wanna check with your first Sarg.  I

f that's the case, can't he just DV the OC?  Can one of the moderators or "professionals" step in here?  I'm not certain, but one of my girlfriends is a reservist and I thought she was let out of any lease agreement based on that.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a clause in majority contracts that if you are active duty, you have a little leverage as it relates to your lease, as long as you have orders to back up your claim. The know that they move frequently, deploy, and go on TDY's. But I'm not a "professional" so I'm stopping here..lol
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.